Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

My RAP is not working anymore

Hey guys, I cant seem to find all that much info on the RAP (Retained Accessory power) system on a 97 camaro. It has stopped working for some reason and I don't know where to start looking for answers. Radio and windows function with key in ACC & run but not after I turn the car off. I have checked the fuses and all fuses seem look to be good. I will test them with a meter just to be certian. Do any of you have any ideas that might help me out. Thanks

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

It is run through the bcm. I would not know where to start looking though.

black
    2002 WS6

Yes, it is controled via the BCM, might be a bad relay, or could just need programing. has the battery been replaced or run dead recently?

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Well yes, Long story but the short of it is that Had trans problems with a rebuilt trans I put in so battery was disconected alot of times and I had gm reset the computer and scan it several times but it almost seems to me that this started way before all of this. I just wasn't concerned about it when I was tring to get the transmission to working right. Before that... battery was not dead but I do seem to remember it working now and then before all the problems so might be on something with the relay.
    Are they removable from the BCM or no?
    Where is the BCM located anyway?
    Dose the BCM have the VATS system in it?
    If its bad would I be able to get one from a junk yard or dose it need reprogramming for my car?
    Thanks guys for the help

black
    2002 WS6

I don't think that it is bad, but may have been reset to factory defaults, and yes I do believe that the VATS is part of the BCM. How to program it will be in the users manual for the car.

red
    1999 trans am convert

When you pull up and turn car off, the radio is supposed to run for a while due to rap BUT, when you open either door it kills power.This is because there is a door switch attached to the latch mechanism to monitor the doors. The switch may be bad telling the BCM that the door is open?When you turn the car off but before you open the door do the courtesy lights cone on? I had one go bad and the RAP would keep radio going for the whole delay after door was locked and I've walked away- also alarm won't set properly.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

I have looked through the book and it has a section on programming lighting, lock out, key conf, key programming, and all that and I went through the programming to check all this in the book and it is at factory defalts but when I lock and arm it with the key phob i press lock 1 and nothing happens, I press it a second time and it locks the doors, arms the alarm (check with the windows down by opening the door from the inside and the alarm did go off), flashes the lights 1 time and honks 2 times very quick. When I press the hatch button on the key phob nothing happens and when I press it again it will unlatch it. Book says the on any press of lock or unlock button on key will cause the lights to flash cause it's in mode 5 wich is lamps/horn and lamps/lamps.

If the door or hatch contact is bad wouldn't the lights stay on after closing the door for the 3 or 4 minutes until the the circuit times out?
    I timed it and the lights stay on for 25 seconds after closeing the door with no key in the ignition. when I leave the key in and turn the car off lights do not come on untill I open the door or remove the key.
    Also I looked and my user manual dose not have anything in it about programming the RAP feature. Do any of you guys have info in your user manual for programming the RAP feature?

Thread Information