dylan24

Exclamation Monsoon Stopped Playing CD-Rs!

Well actually, It's never played them. But before I get into all that, I am new here and I'd like to say that this is a really nice board and it's been very helpful on several different occasions! Anyway, I got my car early this year. Its a 1997 Trans Am Green with Tan leather and 6 speed. It has the Monsoon cd player. It plays regular (store bought) cd's, but it won't play CD-Rs. It simply spits them back out and gives me the E20 error. I'm just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions about which cd-rs i should buy, or which burning program I should use? Or does this E20 just mean my player is going to hell? Any help would be much appriciated. I don't want to trash the Monsoon, if its bad I'd like to get another. I think that aftermarket stereos look out of place in the dash, they kind of stick out like a sore thumb among the stock Firebird dash. Plus I love my steering wheel controls and I don't want to give them up or mess with getting one of those aftermarket sterei steering wheel control devices. Thanks.

Rauzer
    I had an issue with the factory CD Changer in my T/A. It would play CD/r's but there was a loud ticking thru the speakers when it did. I use an aftermarket head unit and bought a little box that lets me still use my steering wheel controls.

Black
    '98 WS6 Trans Am

Rauzer.....Where did you find this box that let's you keep your steering wheel controls???

dylan24
    Well I have a nice Panasonic MP3 player just sitting right now. But I had a few questions about that as well. First off, where would I go about finding the steering wheel control box, and whats the install like on that? Second, I've heard a lot about if you put aftermarket speakers with a Monsoon stereo it kills the sound. Well what if you put an aftermarket deck with the stock speakers? Because I would be running the stock speakers. If all else fails I guess I could hop on eBay and get another Monsoon. I need to get window motors first as my windows don't work

Scooch
    An aftermarket deck works very nice with the stock speakers, just wish I could get the steering wheel controls to work.....hint...hint.....that box?

Black
    99 Z28

I forgot I was gonna look for that. I'm working on finding info about the steering wheel controls. I'll post up later when I find something.

Black
    99 Z28

Crutchfield has it here if you search around for it, other companies have it less expensive.

Black
    99 Z28

Oh yeah... just so it's clear, the new head unit that you get HAS to be IR remote control ready.

Scooch
    wow, thanks! Will have to get that. The deck I have is an mp3 palyer also w/sirius xm ready. JVC 60w per channnel and w/remote. Not bad for $150 at Circuit City. Can fit 170 songs on 1 disc and the mp3 will play em all.

Thread Information