Thread: Monsoon Sound?

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

Monsoon Sound?

What are good 6.5 speakers to use to replace the stock ones (Rear Seat Panels) that will still sound as good if not almost identical with the monsoon setup? There pretty much the ones that provide all the bass, so I wanna find some that will be direct replacements...

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Go to sonicelectronix . com and get some Rockford Fosgate Powers, MB Quarts are really good too
    Last edited by Lunatikgixxer; 03-14-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

Did you have to get a special harness to hook them up? or did u have to cut the wires off the original harness to connect the new speakers?

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Atrivium View Post
    Did you have to get a special harness to hook them up? or did u have to cut the wires off the original harness to connect the new speakers?
    No harness. The best way is to solder the wires onto the speakers therefore there is no problems with the connection and isnt messing with the performance of the speaker. Or you could crimp a connector that will fit onto the speaker terminal and do it that way if you dont have a soldering gun.

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    No harness. The best way is to solder the wires onto the speakers therefore there is no problems with the connection and isnt messing with the performance of the speaker. Or you could crimp a connector that will fit onto the speaker terminal and do it that way if you dont have a soldering gun.

What do you do with the two sets of wires (total of 4) from the stock speaker to the new Speaker.. do u know what i mean? The new speaker comes with only 2 speaker wire connections and the stock ones have 4 total around the speaker. Did u get component or 3 way speakers...?

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i didnt get anything im just doing this off the top of my head. You just connect 2 of the wires together and then the other 2 together. Depends what ohm the speaker is and you will just have to figure out which wires are + and -. Here http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/wo...igurations.asp

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    i didnt get anything im just doing this off the top of my head. You just connect 2 of the wires together and then the other 2 together. Depends what ohm the speaker is and you will just have to figure out which wires are + and -. Here http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/wo...igurations.asp
    Cool! Thanks

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Kicker also makes a low profile sub in 6.5 size. It's only a sub so it should work with the factory system.

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

I've actually been able to salvage my rear panel speakers with some black silicone to seal the torn part of the speakers... It works awesome!! They sound as good as new too! It has been the quickest and cheapest fix and it works... Talk about saving a couple of hundred bucks...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I've actually been able to salvage my rear panel speakers with some black silicone to seal the torn part of the speakers... It works awesome!! They sound as good as new too! It has been the quickest and cheapest fix and it works... Talk about saving a couple of hundred bucks...

I have done the same on other cars. It does work well so long as the voicecoil remains in alignment.

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I have done the same on other cars. It does work well so long as the voicecoil remains in alignment.
    True true... I'm surprised one of em still even works because when I was reinstalling them my lil boy crushed the little cone in the middle of the speaker, I thought for sure it was no good... but it still sounds alright.. knock on wood... Hopefully this quik fix will last a while..

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

True true... I'm surprised one of em still even works because when I was reinstalling them my lil boy crushed the little cone in the middle of the speaker, I thought for sure it was no good... but it still sounds alright.. knock on wood... Hopefully this quik fix will last a while..

The center part is really just a dust cover for the voicecoil. Should be fine.

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    The center part is really just a dust cover for the voicecoil. Should be fine.
    This should atleast buy me some more time with the speakers atleast... How long did this type of fix last you...? roughly?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

This should atleast buy me some more time with the speakers atleast... How long did this type of fix last you...? roughly?

I think I had one for 4-5 more years after the repair and it worked fine.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

are there any diy instructions on how to do the silicon fix to the speakers correctly? maybe a thread or something? i might end up checking my speakers out and possibly trying this out this spring.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by dbrichrider33333 View Post
    are there any diy instructions on how to do the silicon fix to the speakers correctly? maybe a thread or something? i might end up checking my speakers out and possibly trying this out this spring.

If there is a tear in the speaker surround or cone you can often repair it in this manner. If the speaker is simply blown there is no fix. Most of the time that is the case.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

ah..ok. thanks for the input

White
    1998 Trans Am

I got a set of brand new OEM speakers off ebay for $60 for rear and think like $65 for the front doors, sound like it did back in 98.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Thread Information