Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Monsoon Ipod Aux

I was told aux cables for the Monsoon systems are getting pretty hard to find...I have the disc changer in the hatch and I was told I can use a special aux cable "if I can find it" for my ipod. I really dont want to have to mess with changing the head unit and re-doing the speaker configuration or the amp in this car. I just want my ipod to work anybody know where I can find one or if they still exist?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

worst case scenario is you can use an fm modulator like isimple tranzit for ~$45. There are ways to add aux inputs to the radio themselves I read about a while back. Let me do some digging and see what I can come up with. I'm going to address the stereo this fall/winter because I'm on my 3rd set of sail panel speakers and 1 of those is now blown again. Terrible stereo system in these cars. I'll probably gut it and go aftermarket but part of me wants to keep the stock stuff in there. I don't DD the car so it's not like I need a great sounding system in there. I just want something durable and something I can play the ipod through. That's why I'll dig into adding an input to it.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    worst case scenario is you can use an fm modulator like isimple tranzit for ~$45. There are ways to add aux inputs to the radio themselves I read about a while back. Let me do some digging and see what I can come up with. I'm going to address the stereo this fall/winter because I'm on my 3rd set of sail panel speakers and 1 of those is now blown again. Terrible stereo system in these cars. I'll probably gut it and go aftermarket but part of me wants to keep the stock stuff in there. I don't DD the car so it's not like I need a great sounding system in there. I just want something durable and something I can play the ipod through. That's why I'll dig into adding an input to it.
    The one I have been reading about is an aux box that plugs into the cd changer connection on the back of the stock head unit on the monsoon system and allows you to play an ipod through a standard headphone jack but I havent been able to find one...it even has a pass through built into it so you can keep the cd changer functional AND use an ipod. I found another trick where you can tear the stock head unit apart, pull two wires, and then solder a connection directly to them and it'll trick the head unit into playing an aux port, but I dont want to do that....

I've found a lot of old posts on some forums that say that crutchfield used to carry one, but they no longer carry the product...surprise!
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 06-03-2013 at 06:37 AM.

Black / White

Last edited by theorangeguy; 06-03-2013 at 06:43 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah....for $130 I'll be soldering some wires. Not that big a deal really and then you can drop it down behind the dash or run it out to the ashtray or something. Probably $10 and 30 minutes worth of work.

Thread Information