Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Monsoon Disc Changer

So last night I got bored and pulled my disc changer out of my hatch because the cartridge wont eject...I got it to the point that it'll throw an error code and its E32 which as far as I know it is either jammed or broken. I was able to manually eject the cartridge but the disc changer wont cycle through or move any of the cd's around when it is pushed all the way in. When I pushed the red button on the inside of the changer itself, the radio shows the cd emblem in the bottom left corner and acts like its trying to play but the cd player it self does nothing. Any fixes for these things or do I just need to let it go? Only reason I did this is because I wanted to tinker on something...if it cant be fixed its no big deal.

Also, how do I controll it from the head unit? It doesnt have the CD/Aux button anywhere, but when I push the cd cartridge all the way in the radio shows a disc emblem in the bottom left corner and the headunit acts like it changes from FM to CD.

Hard to say exactly what's wrong. Sometimes simply cleaning them helps.

I've taken mine apart before to clean with q-tips and alcohol and that has seemed to fix any odd things that were going on. I live in a dusty environment.

On one occasion I've taken it to GM, at the time they had an exchange policy for remanufactured units, but I don't remember what I paid, it's been several years and it may not be offered anymore.

To cover myself for future problems, I bought 3 spare changers that I keep around. I plug them in to test and make sure they work, then wrap them up and stash them away. If you shop around either with local 4th gen clubs near you, or on ebay if you want to take that chance, you can find them relatively cheap in good working condition. I was finding them for $30-$40 a piece.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hard to say exactly what's wrong. Sometimes simply cleaning them helps.

I've taken mine apart before to clean with q-tips and alcohol and that has seemed to fix any odd things that were going on. I live in a dusty environment.

On one occasion I've taken it to GM, at the time they had an exchange policy for remanufactured units, but I don't remember what I paid, it's been several years and it may not be offered anymore.

To cover myself for future problems, I bought 3 spare changers that I keep around. I plug them in to test and make sure they work, then wrap them up and stash them away. If you shop around either with local 4th gen clubs near you, or on ebay if you want to take that chance, you can find them relatively cheap in good working condition. I was finding them for $30-$40 a piece.
    Any idea on how to operate it from the head unit...i've never owned a monsoon. All my fbody's had cheapo stock head units and then I built the systems the way I wanted

My wife drove it to work today so I can't look at the moment. I seem to remember it has a button labeled "cd" or something along those lines. I do know there is a botton there to flip from stereo to CD, and you can even do it with the steering wheel buttons on my wifes car.

Or,,,,I know you can eject the CD pack, and stick it back in (close the door all the way) and it automatically turns the radio on CD function and starts playing the first track.

Also, make sure you have all your CD's loaded upside down. They won't play right side up and will trigger an error code.

Black / White

My wife drove it to work today so I can't look at the moment. I seem to remember it has a button labeled "cd" or something along those lines. I do know there is a botton there to flip from stereo to CD, and you can even do it with the steering wheel buttons on my wifes car.

Or,,,,I know you can eject the CD pack, and stick it back in (close the door all the way) and it automatically turns the radio on CD function and starts playing the first track.

Also, make sure you have all your CD's loaded upside down. They won't play right side up and will trigger an error code.
    Mine doesnt have a CD button anywhere in the car, but its got a monsoon system and the disc changer is wired up and has power, and a CD icon shows up on the screen when I close the door on the changer...kind of weird.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    Mine doesnt have a CD button anywhere in the car, but its got a monsoon system and the disc changer is wired up and has power, and a CD icon shows up on the screen when I close the door on the changer...kind of weird.
    Yep, all the cars come wired for the changer hiding under the carpet in the left rear wheel well area even if the changer wasn't optioned, Yet the head units are still capable of running the changer, and I know some of the radio's just don't have the CD button, but it will still play the changer. One car we had was a cassette head unit and it still worked the CD changer in the back.
    Just have to play with it as I don't recall which button does it, and my wife won't be home till this evening so I can't look till then.

Black / White

Yep, all the cars come wired for the changer hiding under the carpet in the left rear wheel well area even if the changer wasn't optioned, Yet the head units are still capable of running the changer, and I know some of the radio's just don't have the CD button, but it will still play the changer. One car we had was a cassette head unit and it still worked the CD changer in the back.
    Just have to play with it as I don't recall which button does it, and my wife won't be home till this evening so I can't look till then.
    Mine has the cassette in it too...thats probably why. that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    Mine has the cassette in it too...thats probably why. that makes sense.
    Yeah, it will still run the CD, you just have to press a different button. I want to say AUX???

Thread Information