White
    1999 T/A

Monsoon Confused???

ive been readin what i can about the monsoon systems n am tryin to figure out wut the he!! is goin on wit my T/A lol. do all firebirds have an amp in the back or is it ONLY monsoon systems that have the amp? also does anyone know the manufacturing code they put on the door for the monsoon system?

ive heard the monsoon uses the same headunit but has an external amp in the trunk? i have an amp in the trunk but the stereo sounds nothing like my buddies monsoon. im trying to figure out if my car just has the regular system of if the idiot who had it before me parted up the monsoon for his other firebird.

anyone know all teh specifics that separate regular from monsoon????

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

The only thing that makes the POS Monsoon system a Monsoon system is the POS Monsoon amp that gets added to the POS factory HU. In POS Monsoon equipped cars the amp is located above the rear wheel on the passenger side forward of the spear tire. It is mounted to a plastic plate and is on the fender side of that plate. Other non-POS Monsoon cars that have an amp (and are not equipped with Bose systems) have the factory amp located under the arm rest in back on the passenger side of the car.

Stereo codes:
    ULO = monsoon Cassette HU
    UNO = monsoon CD HU
    U1S = 12 disc changer
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

White
    1999 T/A

im gonna have to check out the speakers.... its weird i think my T/A has the monsoon cuz it has the amp in the back but it sounds nothing like my buddys monsoon T/A. his are much clearer when he cranks it up.

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

Did he buy it used or new? Maybe his car has after-market speakers installed.

White
    1999 T/A

the car has none of the monsoon codes on it but it has the Delco amp in the back... i pulled it out the other day. honestly idk the cars has a bunch of owners before me. all of the speakers appear stock except for the Sail panel speakers which are a pair of Rockfords (3 ways i think tho it looks like only the woofer puts anything out) my buddys is used but it has the stock monsoon system

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Honestly man, ditch the Monsoon if you already didn't get that impression from White Rascal.

White
    1999 T/A

dont worry lol the ENTIRE SYSTEM is goin in the can as soon as i get the cash together. im gonna be puttin my two 12" mtx 4500's in. anyways im just tryin to figure out what the he!! is goin on wit my car lol. for some reason i have a feeling its mix n' matchd

forest green
    1994 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by T/AKing View Post
    ive been readin what i can about the monsoon systems n am tryin to figure out wut the he!! is goin on wit my T/A lol. do all firebirds have an amp in the back or is it ONLY monsoon systems that have the amp? also does anyone know the manufacturing code they put on the door for the monsoon system?

ive heard the monsoon uses the same headunit but has an external amp in the trunk? i have an amp in the trunk but the stereo sounds nothing like my buddies monsoon. im trying to figure out if my car just has the regular system of if the idiot who had it before me parted up the monsoon for his other firebird.

anyone know all teh specifics that separate regular from monsoon????
    chances are your speakers are blown internally. replace them with oem ones.

White
    1999 T/A

thats possible.... being a 99 they are over 7 years old... im buyin a new HU tomorrow, then wen i get the xtra cash itll be a box for my subs and then all new interiors mayb infinity or suttin ampd up nice but im not sure yet

Thread Information