02 Camaro SS S.O.M.
    07 Trailblazer SS AWD

monsoon amp messed up?

with either the stock h/u or my pioneer h/u when i have the radio on i can hera ticking that goes with the rpms when the motors on and gets faster the faster the rpms get.

also the left rear speaker dosnt work but the right one does if you take the left one off the right one stops working, if u plug a different speaker in the left it still doesnt work but the right one will come back on, is this just maybe the amp or is there a cut or short in one of the wires. i didnt want to go buy a monsoon amp off of ebay and it not work either and im not rewireing the whole car any ideas?

02 som SS #4818 m6 all SLP options, cme, lt's, ory, e-cutout, lowered(slammed), Pro 5.0, 4:10s, boltons, 19" CCW 505A'S, 365rwhp 379ftlbs
    07 silverstone TBSS matching SS hood, cai, exhaust, HP tuners, DJM/Beltech, DAILY DRIVER

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SLP02SS View Post

also the left rear speaker dosnt work but the right one does if you take the left one off the right one stops working, if u plug a different speaker in the left it still doesnt work but the right one will come back on, is this just maybe the amp or is there a cut or short in one of the wires. i didnt want to go buy a monsoon amp off of ebay and it not work either and im not rewireing the whole car any ideas?
    that is VERY interesting....I didn't think there was any dependency but that would explain some things I've heard then -- like why everyone suddenly says they had BOTH sail panel speakers blow at once..

for the noise-- check all wire (power/ground specifically) -- start with your HU / anything you touched, then move on to the Monsoon amp.. maybe even try a different HU ground first

Thread Information