Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Mono sub output????

Ok guys, I have been searching for hours on how to do this the right way. I have an MTX 2300X amp which is a 2 channel amp,so 4 RCA's totaland my sub is a 10 inch DD. I have not purchased a new HU yet but all the ones I have found are all mono sub out. Even the $1000 HU's are mono sub out, I don"t know if they even make a stereo sub out. My question is how do I connect my HU to my amp for my sub? The most common answer was to just run a splitter but then someone else said it will split the signal and weaken it. What is everyone else doing?

red
    2000 Z28

Most of the headunits I've seen that have separate sub outputs have a left and right jack rather than a single jack. That doesn't necessarily mean that the output isn't summed, but you don't have to split a signal. My Alpine IDA-X001 has 6 outputs, front L+R, rear L+R, sub L+R. If you're checking a spec-sheet, the pre-amp output should say 2 4 or 6. I've never seen a 3 or 5 output.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tremiles View Post
    Most of the headunits I've seen that have separate sub outputs have a left and right jack rather than a single jack. That doesn't necessarily mean that the output isn't summed, but you don't have to split a signal. My Alpine IDA-X001 has 6 outputs, front L+R, rear L+R, sub L+R. If you're checking a spec-sheet, the pre-amp output should say 2 4 or 6. I've never seen a 3 or 5 output.
    I understand the RF,RR,LF,LR outputs but what I am saying is that I looked at probably 25 radios from $40 up to $800 and they all had just one sub out put.

red
    2000 Z28

I went to crutchfield's website, clicked car receivers, filtered by 6 channel output, and got 47 results of 94 car receiver listings.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tremiles View Post
    I went to crutchfield's website, clicked car receivers, filtered by 6 channel output, and got 47 results of 94 car receiver listings.
    Ahhh, that helps, thanks a lot.

Thread Information