orange
    1999 Z28

Question Missing High Frequencies on left side

I'm having a problem with missing the higher frequencies from the left side speakers on my monsoon system.

I replaced my door speakers with the Kappa 62.7's after the stock unit on the passenger side door blew. I didn't really test them system out a lot when I put the speakers in. I just pointed the tweeters toward the shifter and turn them all the way up.

The next morning, I had the radio blasting on the way to work with the t-tops off on the expressway. For lunch that day, I took the car to a park and listened to radio at normal levels. At that point, I noticed that when I turned the balance all the way to the driver's side, I was missing some of the highest notes. I also played with fading front to back and it seemed that the higher notes were missing on both the front and back driver's side.

I may have had this problem for awhile, as I'm no audiophile, and I can barely tell a difference when I turn the balance to the middle. It still bugs me that its not working right though.

I'm thinking it must be one of these things:

1. There is a problem in the HU or amp. (This makes the most sense to me, since I'm missing the notes in both the front and the back when I fade.)
    2. I didn't install the driver's side speaker right. (The lows and the mid's sound okay though, so I don't think this is the case.)
    3. I blew the tweeter on the way into work. (Again, this doesn't explain the difference when I fade to the back, and I'm not hearing any cracking or popping.)

Any idea's or suggestions to troubleshoot? I'd like to get it fixed if its something easy. If its too much, I may just live with though.

Thanks

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Have you checked a different cd? Sometimes they are mixed with highs on one side more than the other.

SOM
    2002 SS

That might be it. Funny tho like 1 hour ago I was listening to my blown speaker in the passenger door and I noticed my left side didnt have highs as well.

Thread Information