9. You may not vote on this poll
  • MB Quart

5 55.56%
  • Diamond Audio

4 44.44%

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

MB Quart Vs. Daimond Audio

Ok, I live on a remote island, Guam. Now, I have had allot of experience with MB Quart speakers in the past. I love the clarity for the hi & mids. IMO, they are the best. Now, I have been hearing allot of hype over Diamond Audio. Unfortunately, none of our local dealers stock any and no longer stock the MB Quart. God, I live where people just don't care, they only want cheap. Well, I took a stroll on Ebay and as I expected the MB Quart is quite a bit more expensive than the Diamonds. Usually you get what you pay for. Please tell me you experiences or just vote on which one has the better clarity. Thanks for you input cause I need some new sounds, the monsoon came and passed.

BTW, I heard the Infinity Kapa (spelling) they sound pretty good, but I don't know if I would say they are quite MB Quart's stature.

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

i have had MB quart in the past, and i was very impressed with them. i haven't ever heard diamond audio, although i want to say that they are on the lower end of the spectrum quality-wise. I'm thinkin they are usually offered in packages when you buy a custom enclosure, etc. I could be wrong though, could be thinking of something else altogether. However, since you're in Guam, you may just have to deal with whats available to avoid some ungodly shipping charges. Hopefully someone else on here can give you some factual insight...

Kappa's are my fave speaker. I have had several of them. Given the right power, they perform as well as anything I've heard.

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Thanks for the input.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

i went to an audio shop today. they use to carry mb quart and swear by it. now, they still carry it but recommend infinity over it. mb quart was very recently bought by a chinese company and quality has gone way down, at least thats what the guys there said.

they didn't have diamond and i haven't heard anything of it. infinitys are nice but for the $$$ i think there are better options out there. audiobarn amps are popular, not sure about speakers. also, rockford makes excellent subs and amps but not so much speakers. thats about all i know.

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Thanks, I was leaning towars the kappa series since they are locally availible and I can bring them back if there is a problem.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

i love my diamond speakers. i had alpine component type x's and the diamonds just blow them away. They are probably my favorite speakers of all time

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

It all depends on a couple things. . . . . . . . . What are you going to push them with? The deck an amp what kind and model?
    What kind of music do you listen to?
    Do you have any type of EQ or adj. X-over?

Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Buy Domestic, Buy a Lexus The Project's Avatar

Red Jewel
    2010 SS

Between the two I would go with the Diamond. I find the MDQ's a little harsh on the highs.

like I give a FUCK

05 gto
    stock n paid for

mbq is owned by maxxsonics that my friends is the same company of pyramid fame.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by sercastiK View Post
    Just like ALL other company's bought out to be made into a straight profit company NOT quality.

like I give a FUCK

05 gto
    stock n paid for

Hifonics was the best until gen x than it went to shit.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

infinity kappas here!!!! given some decent power there fuckin amazing

Buy Domestic, Buy a Lexus The Project's Avatar

Red Jewel
    2010 SS

Quote Originally Posted by sercastiK View Post
    Just goes to show you.....people would rather buy junk than quality.

Hmmm....maybe I should start my own car stereo company with those "Made in China" speakers and amps

A staggering amount of misinformation in this thread.

The higher end MB Quart drivers are still built in Germany just like they were when Rockford owned MBQ and just like they were prior to the RF acquisition. Back in the mid to late 1990s MBQ QSD were the comps used by a majority of IASCA competitors.

Maxxsonics is based in Chicago, IL and John is incredibly helpful and a great guy to deal with. HiFonics had turned into another flea market brand, which is really sad considering their prominence in the late 1980’s, until they were purchased by Maxxsonics who has completely turned around the company and have them back on the right path.

The number of car audio amplifiers still actually made in America can be counted on one hand. For the remaining 99% of the car audio manufacturers, the boards are sourced from overseas. In some cases the amp is assembled here hence the “Assembled in USA” sticker on some products. Chunglam Digital is one of the largest Asian OEMs.

Infinity Kappa Perfects are possibly the most over-hyped under-performing comp set out there. It’s no secret that Harmon decided years ago to invest their car audio money in JBL and let Infinity have the home audio market.

Pyramid is owned by Brooklyn, NY based Sound Around, Inc. along with Lanzar, Blitz, Pyle and Legacy.

Diamond Audio produces some very good products that are clearly on the higher end of the scale, far surpassing anything produced by Infinity in at least 10 years.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Get Bit View Post
    A staggering amount of misinformation in this thread.

Maxxsonics is based in Chicago, IL and John is incredibly helpful and a great guy to deal with. HiFonics had turned into another flea market brand, which is really sad considering their prominence in the late 1980’s, until they were purchased by Maxxsonics who has completely turned around the company and have them back on the right path.

Sorry but HiFonics is still shit compared to when they were built by ZED Audio by Steve. John or no John.

And as I have stated in MANY threads the ONLY new amps I would buy would be the ones Steve is making. 100% MAde in U.S.A.

http://www.zedaudiocorp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Sorry but HiFonics is still shit compared to when they were built by ZED Audio by Steve. John or no John.

And as I have stated in MANY threads the ONLY new amps I would buy would be the ones Steve is making. 100% MAde in U.S.A.

http://www.zedaudiocorp.com/
    It’s pretty obvious I was comparing HiFonics to what they had become after Steve had stopped working with them and before Maxxsonics purchased them. The vast majority of the public is not looking to purchase a 10 or 15+ year old used amp but rather they want something reasonably priced, new, and with a warranty since the odds are good they are going to eventually going to release the magic smoke from the amp.

They also have no clue about Steve’s history but rather they want something which will impress their buddies in the parking lot of the nearest Burger King on a late Saturday night. The remaining 1% are looking for sonic nirvana, or at least as close as it can be achieved in a vehicle.

People who limit their options to ONLY one manufacturer make my laugh. The audible difference between competently designed and manufactured amplifiers is negligible.

Impounded
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

JL Audio all the way

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Ok, problem is solved. I pulled my high end MB Quarts and my MTX mids out of the V-6 and put them in the T/A. I put the stocks in the V-6 and put that car up for sale. The stereo rocks again in the T/A now all I need is one of the wheel well boxes for the trunk and an amp to push it all and I should have half way decent sounds. Thanks for the input guys.

Thread Information