JET BLACK
    99 SS

Max amunt of subs that can fit in a ls1??? Help1

Hi i have a 98 camaro ss. I put 4 12's pioneer in a custom box in my trunk. They sounded cool, but I took them out. They had to rip a lot of stuff out of my trunk. Anyway my question is what is the max amount of subs that can fit in the hatch of a ls1 without tearing up the back of the car. 12's and 10's only. 15's sound terrible lol example 5 10's? or 3 12's? Ported also. It sounds better. thanks in advance

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by khickenwang View Post
    Hi i have a 98 camaro ss. I put 4 12's pioneer in a custom box in my trunk. They sounded cool, but I took them out. They had to rip a lot of stuff out of my trunk. Anyway my question is what is the max amount of subs that can fit in the hatch of a ls1 without tearing up the back of the car. 12's and 10's only. 15's sound terrible lol example 5 10's? or 3 12's? Ported also. It sounds better. thanks in advance
    That's alot of bass! Got alot of Highs to back them up? lol.

Whats your goal with all the subs? Willing to sacrifice seeing out the rear? What about utilizing the backseat? What kind of subs (wattage per)?

Ported becomes more of a problem because it requires alot more volume than sealed. Obviously you could fit more 10's than 12's. All depends on the subs demand (power) and volume requirements. I'd say low end 10's (meaning 500-1000W) I could see 6 of them getting in the back, but probably loosing rear view, staying within volume limitations and not having to hack into anything in the rear hatch. Low end 12's, I don't think I can see anymore than 5, possibly six dependsing on how low end they are. Maybe 6 with modification of the rear hatch area.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Here's a box I made for my car. There's actually 4 10's in there. The fourth actually shares the center box, and the two outside subs have their own.

Thread Information