yellow
    2002 CETA

looking for a monsoon wiring diagram for a convertible 2002 trans am

I have added a sub to my existing monsoon system and I still get highs going through the sub. It just doesn't seem efficent enough. I spliced into the wires going to my rear speakers which have highs and lows but I think the diagram I used was wrong. Anybody out there tried this and have been succesful or gave access to the 2002 convertible version of the monsoon system. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

Efficiency has nothing to do with it. You probably tapped into the wrong set of wires. Since your car is a rag top you have full range speakers in back instead of factory subwoofers like hard tops have correct? If that's the case you probably tapped into the wires going to the tweeters. The best place to tap into the system to add your sub is before the POS Monsoon amp. It's my understanding that in an effort to protect the speakers ( a very poor effort I might add) the POS Monsoon amp rolls off the lows as you increase the volume. To get around this you need to tap into the system before the amp instead of after it.
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

yellow
    2002 CETA

Thanks for the reply white rascal! Yeah there is no factory sub in the verts and the system has no bass at all. I did tap into the wires before the amp and added another amp to power the sub. It is quite an improvement over the factory system but that is not saying to much. I only have two 8's but it really doesn't hit at all and I can hear some voices coming through the subs. That is why I am saying it is not very efficient. I am going to pull everything out and recheck the connections but I didn't want to go switching any wires until I saw a 02 vert wiring diagram to be sure. If I can't find one I will take pictures and ask for the best advice on these connections. Thanks

Thread Information