Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Look another speaker thread!

So big surprise my driver side speaker blew on me, I've been looking all day at old treads and everything seems to point to the Kappa Infinity 62.7i. Thought it was going to be all good til I started to look for them to buy, discontinued and no luck and CL or ebay. So my question is does anyone have any other options on speakers to replace with?

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I don't have personal experience with these, but, they've been recommended by many Fbody owners.

Kee Audio: Firebird and Camaro Speaker Package

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Thanks have to do some looking at them

Pewter
    '00 SS

I have rockford fostgates troughout. Never had a problem with em at all. Been in since 2007. Have an amp pushing 2 doors and 2 back seat speakers and 2 tweeters. Deleted rear speakers. Added 10" sub where t-tops would go if i had them with another amp pushing that. Both rockford fostgate amps too. Sounds amazing and no problems. No clue the exact name cause its been so long. I can look for you if you really wanna know
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Sunset Orange
    2001 Z28

Could get some of the ones from kee audio.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I purchased the new upgraded standard package from Kee a few weeks ago. I'm extremely pleased with them.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 4G on Tapatalk
    2000 T/A-DMH Cutout, SLP Cold Air kit, FTRA/SLP Upgrade, SLP Bilstein, LT1 Eibach ProKit, Kuhmo PA31 Tires ,SLP Fan Switch, UMI Double Adj PHB w/ Roto-Joints, UMI LCARB, Strano 35/22mm Sway Bars , Magnecor KV85 Wires, Hurst Shifter, Lou's Short Stick.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

I'm thinking for $100 i could try the door speakers don't know yet though have to sort out the living arrangements i'm going through first

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Another option with the door speakers, is to have your tweeters mounted up top separately, enclosed in a pod. That really opens you up to a wide variety of speaker replacement options. That was one of the first things I did when I bought my Camaro. I had my pods custom made locally, but, you can buy them online too. I think one of our sponsors sells them now. I'll have to check on that for you.

Pewter
    '00 SS

My are sort of the same as kahana has mentioned. My tweeters are on the door right where if you close the door it meets the dash. They are facing towards the center of the car. Love the sound in my car

red
    1999 camaro z28

camaro front door speakers

I own a 1999 camaro and I want to replace the front door speakers. Now that the Infinity 62.7i speakers are discontinued, what do you think about replacing the blown bass speaker with a new woofer and using the good stock tweeter mounted to the face of the woofer? I was looking at the Kicker DS6.2 component speaker system, which has 4 ohms and less than 2 inch top mount depth. Would this woofer have the correct ohms for the Monsoon system? Since the stock speaker has the tweeter wires running thru the woofer cone, could I run the wires around the side of the woofer to the front to connect to the stock tweeter? The stock woofer speaker always blows, but the stock tweeter sounds fine still. Has anyone tried this application?

Thread Information