Thread: iPod AUX help

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

iPod AUX help

I got an ipod touch the other day, and figured I would get an FM transmitter for it to listen in the car. Turns out all transmitters suck ass in my area.

I heard the GM9-AUX units work well for people, but I also heard that it's a hit-or-miss for the 1999 Monsoon head units. I have the single CD unit

Can someone please show me a good solution for an AUX setup? Why wouldn't the GM9 unit work even though there is a jack for an external CD changer? Doesn't make sense.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

There is something you can hook up to the AUX thing. I forget what it was. Maybe sandmanws7 has it...

Silver
    2000 TA LS1 A4w/ShiftKit

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    I got an ipod touch the other day, and figured I would get an FM transmitter for it to listen in the car. Turns out all transmitters suck ass in my area.

I heard the GM9-AUX units work well for people, but I also heard that it's a hit-or-miss for the 1999 Monsoon head units. I have the single CD unit

Can someone please show me a good solution for an AUX setup? Why wouldn't the GM9 unit work even though there is a jack for an external CD changer? Doesn't make sense.
    +1

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Try crutchfield. I think pac makes one. The only problem you might run into is that a lot of older Ipod adaptors won't charge the touch. I did see someone makes an adaptor to make it charge though. I think it was $50 though.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Try crutchfield. I think pac makes one. The only problem you might run into is that a lot of older Ipod adaptors won't charge the touch. I did see someone makes an adaptor to make it charge though. I think it was $50 though.

I tried crutchfield, they dont have anything really. I don't mind if it doesn't charge. I have found plenty of adapters by PAC and PIE but I heard that they don't work for 98 and 99 year models. Just trying to confirm that rather than take the plunge on a 70 dollar thing and not have it work

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I don't know why it wouldn't work for just those two years. Monsoon or not the headunits are all the same. Just as long as it has the changer controls it should work. There are probably a few on here that have something. Maybe they will chime in.

Thread Information