red
    2000 camaro ss

Installing sound system

I just got my sound system and i want to install it but i couldnt find a way to run the positive cable to the battery and i had some questions. 1)Where did you guys run all your wires through especially the one that runs to the battery? 2)do i have to take out the 12 disc cd changer or can i just leave it there? if possible some pics. thanks

Well I can tell you how to rip it all out,, Just pulled all that kinda stuff out of a car we just purchased. The 12 volt power wire was running up the driver side of the car, through the firewall and connected to a 12 volt source right next to the ABS. Probably many other ways to do it though.

As far as the 12 disc changer,,,if you bought a subwoofer box made to fit in the left rear corner of the car,,,,then the 12 disc changer has to go.

Kinda sucks in my opinion. I removed the subwoofer so I could reinstall the factory 12 disc changer back where it belongs.

I have to say though, it took the better part of an entire day to remove all this crap with crossovers, amp, and about 50 yards of wiring and cables,,,yes no kidding I had most of the interior and carpet out..

Goodluck installing it,,,that has got to be an even bigger chore than what I went through.

On a side note, if you decide to remove the 12 disc changer give me a shout, I'll buy it if you're interested,,,,I need another one.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I could go all out with pics and advice. Your best bet is to search the electronics section where this question has been answered many times.

Here is the thread(post#116) where I show some pics of where to run the wire. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...t=gauge&page=6
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 07-29-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Bright Red
    99 Z28 M6, 03 Gixxer 1000

^^ agree with above, but just to let you know what I did...I ran my amp power wire up the passenger side of my Camaro. You can get it through the firewall there. You can run it through a hole below the PCM in the engine bay / behind and to the right of the glove box.

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Well I can tell you how to rip it all out,, Just pulled all that kinda stuff out of a car we just purchased. The 12 volt power wire was running up the driver side of the car, through the firewall and connected to a 12 volt source right next to the ABS. Probably many other ways to do it though.

As far as the 12 disc changer,,,if you bought a subwoofer box made to fit in the left rear corner of the car,,,,then the 12 disc changer has to go.

Kinda sucks in my opinion. I removed the subwoofer so I could reinstall the factory 12 disc changer back where it belongs.

I have to say though, it took the better part of an entire day to remove all this crap with crossovers, amp, and about 50 yards of wiring and cables,,,yes no kidding I had most of the interior and carpet out..

Goodluck installing it,,,that has got to be an even bigger chore than what I went through.

On a side note, if you decide to remove the 12 disc changer give me a shout, I'll buy it if you're interested,,,,I need another one.
    alright thanks ill keep that in mind if i decide to get rid off it

red
    2000 camaro ss

thanks alot for the help guys

Thread Information