Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS--SOLD

infinity 62.7 question

Ok so i was lucky enough to find a set of one year old 62.7's now the quesitons is...

are there any install problems with these speakers or does my memory serve me right that they are a direct fit?

Black
    2000 Chevy Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
    Ok so i was lucky enough to find a set of one year old 62.7's now the quesitons is...

are there any install problems with these speakers or does my memory serve me right that they are a direct fit?

According to the STICKY posted, these are one of the best diret fit. I ordered some based of the info in it as it's pretty good.....

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS--SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rideus74 View Post
    According to the STICKY posted, these are one of the best diret fit. I ordered some based of the info in it as it's pretty good.....
    I knew i saw it somewhere but couldnt find it? back to the sticky i go in search thanks

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Direct fit. You will have to take the door panel off, but that's the biggest pain of the whole process. No clearance problems. You will - or should - cut out the supplied crossover section of the 62.7i's wiring and just hook them up directly with the standard 2-wire method. The crossover does nothing for a stock Monsoon set up (at least in a Camaro). Just remember that the stock speaker resides in a mount that you will need to re-use. It'll make sense when you start the install.

I've had mine for over three years and no complaints. Much better sound quality than the stock ones.

Good luck.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS--SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Direct fit. You will have to take the door panel off, but that's the biggest pain of the whole process. No clearance problems. You will - or should - cut out the supplied crossover section of the 62.7i's wiring and just hook them up directly with the standard 2-wire method. The crossover does nothing for a stock Monsoon set up (at least in a Camaro). Just remember that the stock speaker resides in a mount that you will need to re-use. It'll make sense when you start the install.

I've had mine for over three years and no complaints. Much better sound quality than the stock ones.

Good luck.

thanks to all. install went fine except for window making a funny sound now right at the top just before it stops. i have taking panel off twice and nothing seems wrong. oh well. now i need to get some 42.7 for the rear hatch area and a set of mid drivers.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
    thanks to all. install went fine except for window making a funny sound now right at the top just before it stops. i have taking panel off twice and nothing seems wrong. oh well. now i need to get some 42.7 for the rear hatch area and a set of mid drivers.

I mistakenly bought a pair of 5.25" Sony Xplod speakers for another car that turned out to be the wrong size. I looked at the hatch speakers and figured I could make them work there (both were 4 ohms). I had to remove a little plastic to fit the larger 5.25, but it was easy and only took some different mounting hardware to install them. Cut the factory harness connector off at the old speaker and soldered the two wires on the new ones. The whole process took maybe an hour, sounded a whole lot better, and basically cost me nothing since I had written off the 5.25's as a loss. I took a look at the sail speakers and was surprised to see that the previous owner had already replaced the subs with better quality ones. No wonder I thought the Monsoon system was decent when I first heard it. Not the best mind you, but not bad.

Thread Information