NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

ideas on audio setup

well the woman finally did it. When I was going to the Bubba's meet with her she cranked up the music and the stock speakers are finally blown to hell. What speaker brands have you guys upgraded to? I would like to keep the stock headunit. I used to be big into audio and ran MB Quarts but that is way out of my budget.

thanks

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

PM sent, also whats you budget?

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Blue28 View Post
    PM sent, also whats you budget?
    I really don't have a budget set. But I don't want to drop thousands either. I just want to replace the speakers once and never worry again. I have headers and a lm1 so when I drive it the windows are down and the radio is off. When I have the wife with me the windows are up ac is on and the radio is on.

Black
    02 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    I really don't have a budget set. But I don't want to drop thousands either. I just want to replace the speakers once and never worry again. I have headers and a lm1 so when I drive it the windows are down and the radio is off. When I have the wife with me the windows are up ac is on and the radio is on.

Yea, driving with the wifey is different lol

Im looking into replacing my stock speakers too, starting to blow out :P

Buy Domestic, Buy a Lexus The Project's Avatar

Red Jewel
    2010 SS

Have a look at JBL, Polk, Pioneer Premier, Boston Acoustics and Image Dynamics.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

Infinity makes a very affordable 'reference series' that worked great for me when I used them as rears in my t/a with a 50x2 amp. paid around $100 for a pair of 6.5" coaxials at best buy.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I have Kicker KS65 speakers in my car. Not sure of the price since they were installed when i bought the car. But I like the way that they sound

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

I just installed some Sony Xplod in my car, and it bumps! Most aftermarket system is really good. I would suggest going in the store and test the speakers. Use that as a reference though because it will sound different on the road than on the car.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by M-ManLA View Post
    I just installed some Sony Xplod in my car, and it bumps! Most aftermarket system is really good. I would suggest going in the store and test the speakers. Use that as a reference though because it will sound different on the road than on the car.
    i had sony xplods in my old c10 and they were just ok they rattled with a decent amount of power put to them but they were also very small.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    i had sony xplods in my old c10 and they were just ok they rattled with a decent amount of power put to them but they were also very small.
    I have Dynamat installed and I will never do a system without Dynamat! Makes your system sound so much better without rattling.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up Speakers

I added kickers in doors and sails and alpines in rear hatch with 10" sub in stealth box running off my driver side sail speaker sounds good! cheapest way to upgrade.
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    I added kickers in doors and sails and alpines in rear hatch with 10" sub in stealth box running off my driver side sail speaker sounds good! cheapest way to upgrade.
    Sounds like you have a good setup there.

Orange/Black
    1999 Camaro SS

I used to run Xplods in the doors, a 10" sub and 2 6x9's in the hatch and a 600 watt 4 channel amp and it didn't rattle at all, but I used dynamat too. I didn't have that much invested and it sounded a hell of a lot better than stock. I just upgraded to Quantum's and built my own insert and the Xplods are going in another project car we're working on cuz they still sound good.
    I'm a CHICK with a gun and an LS1, nuff said...

1999 CAMARO SS #81 of 4829
    LS6 intake * 3.73's * Borla catback * L/T Headers
    ZO6 18's * MSD/NGK * SLP Lid/Bellows * KYB Adjustables
    Summit Racing Springs * Fresh paint/interior in 08

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I got a Panasonic head unit and I wouldn't upgrade your system without upgrading the head unit.

I got Infinity reference's in my grand prix and they aren't bad at all.

However, in the Camaro, I like it a lot better. I got Polk's in the front and the rear and I'm not sure what the guy put for those subs in the rear passenger area. I like it better because the speakers put out a lot of good sound, quality sound, and it's not too bright, so I can crank it up and my ears don't hurt at all or get tired. Whatever them subs are, they put out enough bass to hear the note, but not attract attention.

It's close to perfect imo.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by mild2wild View Post
    I used to run Xplods in the doors, a 10" sub and 2 6x9's in the hatch and a 600 watt 4 channel amp and it didn't rattle at all, but I used dynamat too. I didn't have that much invested and it sounded a hell of a lot better than stock. I just upgraded to Quantum's and built my own insert and the Xplods are going in another project car we're working on cuz they still sound good.
    Dude Xplods + Dynamat = GOOD SYSTEM! A lot of people will knock it, but once you set it up properly, it hits and thumps like the rest of them. I was showing off my system to a few friends, and they was looking for the sub. They tripped when they found out I didn't have one. I Can't wait to get one. I am looking at the Xplod XS-LD106P5B DVC 10", but can't find anyone that sells them right now. If I get the cash, I might go with the Non DVC version untill that one comes out. Good thing you are keeping those. They are good speakers.

Orange/Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Dude Xplods + Dynamat = GOOD SYSTEM! A lot of people will knock it, but once you set it up properly, it hits and thumps like the rest of them. I was showing off my system to a few friends, and they was looking for the sub. They tripped when they found out I didn't have one. I Can't wait to get one. I am looking at the Xplod XS-LD106P5B DVC 10", but can't find anyone that sells them right now. If I get the cash, I might go with the Non DVC version untill that one comes out. Good thing you are keeping those. They are good speakers.
    LOL No Dude here...

Yeah they must have sounded okay because 4 diff people wanted to buy the Xplod HU, Amp, Sub and speakers from me when I removed them cuz they loved how they sounded in my car. But... instead of making the coin and selling them I'll let hubby put them in his project vette instead. Now he will owe me LOL

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

LOL No Dude here...

Yeah they must have sounded okay because 4 diff people wanted to buy the Xplod HU, Amp, Sub and speakers from me when I removed them cuz they loved how they sounded in my car. But... instead of making the coin and selling them I'll let hubby put them in his project vette instead. Now he will owe me LOL

Nice! BTW a chick that drives a sports car= hotness!

Orange/Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Nice! BTW a chick that drives a sports car= hotness!
    I knew I liked you lol

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

I knew I liked you lol

Thread Information