98 Formula
    06 duramax

How do I set up blue tooth?

Got the radio in the truck which is blue tooth enabled. Can't figure out how to get it set up though.
    My phone found the device but I still need to register it with the radio and the instructions say to enter the PIN code from the cell phone. Have no idea where the PIN code is. The phone also asks for a passcode which I also don't know what that is. I hate technology. Any help or at least a direction I can go to get it set up?

phone is a samsung SGH-A877
    HU is a Kenwood 945U

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    got the radio in the truck which is blue tooth enabled. Can't figure out how to get it set up though. :d
    my phone found the device but i still need to register it with the radio and the instructions say to enter the pin code from the cell phone. Have no idea where the pin code is. The phone also asks for a passcode which i also don't know what that is. I hate technology. :d any help or at least a direction i can go to get it set up?

Phone is a samsung sgh-a877
    hu is a kenwood 945u
    well i know when i did it it on mine i turned off the pin code option on my phone and their should be a code in the instruction manual under blue tooth set up like 0000 or 1111 something of that nature but if that doest work call the kenwood tech help line they should be able to help.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah, I got it figured out. It didn't DL my phonebook though so now I gotta figure that out.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

yeah, i got it figured out. It didn't dl my phonebook though so now i gotta figure that out.

i have the same hu and it dosent save your phone book to the reciver you will see it say downloading and completed and you can access your phone book through the hu. Ps a little tip mount that mic op high i have mine on the steering column and i hate it i have to lean forward and screm at it so the can hear me put it on the a pillar or something!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    i have the same hu and it dosent save your phone book to the reciver you will see it say downloading and completed and you can access your phone book through the hu. Ps a little tip mount that mic op high i have mine on the steering column and i hate it i have to lean forward and screm at it so the can hear me put it on the a pillar or something!!!
    Is that in your f-body? Have you tried playing with the mic gain at all? I figure it'll be a POS to use but the radio had it so I want to at least set it up and give it a try. I've already stuck it to my column so I'll just have to start it there for the time being because I don't want to have to tear the dash back apart right away. Hopefully since it's in my truck it'll work a little better. We'll see.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

is that in your f-body? Have you tried playing with the mic gain at all? I figure it'll be a pos to use but the radio had it so i want to at least set it up and give it a try. I've already stuck it to my column so i'll just have to start it there for the time being because i don't want to have to tear the dash back apart right away. Hopefully since it's in my truck it'll work a little better. We'll see.
    i have it in my truck no point in trying in the vert.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Put it on the visor.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    mine says "downloading" but never DL's the address book. Any idea why or what I can do to get it to DL my address book?

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

mine says "downloading" but never DL's the address book. Any idea why or what I can do to get it to DL my address book?
    i don't remember how i would have to mess with mine again?

Black
    1998 WS6 T/A

watch for an alert on your phone when it says that, you may have to allow it by pressing 'OK' or something.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by mike171562 View Post
    watch for an alert on your phone when it says that, you may have to allow it by pressing 'OK' or something.
    thanks.....I'll look at it. I haven't messed with it since yesterday and it's not a huge deal. I can put in favorite numbers on the radio and just dial them from there if I need too.

Black
    1998 WS6 T/A

I hear ya, Flipping through a bunch of Contacts on your Radio when your driving is kind of a pain.

Thread Information