now greybat66

Red
    1998 trans am

how do i get that monsoon system to unlock itself

i cant find a way to unlock my security system on my trans am i know the codes but for some strange reason the radio wont unlock itself .Just dont want to take it to the dealer.

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

TheftLock Radio Theft Deterrent System
    TheftLock is designed to discourage theft of your radio. It works by using a secret code to disable all radio functions whenever battery power is removed (or when the radio is removed).

You usually don't have to worry about the TheftLock feature. TheftLock is not activated when you buy a new car and most owners don't bother activating it after taking delivery. Considering how little used Monsoon head units cost, there isn't much market for stolen ones. You can tell if TheftLock is activated by the flashing red LED on the face of the radio when the car isn't running.

When TheftLock is activated, the radio will display LOC to indicate a locked condition anytime battery power is removed. If your battery loses power for any reason, you must unlock the radio with the secret code before it will operate.

Unlocking the Theft-Deterrent Feature After a Power Loss

If you know the code that was used to lock the radio then use the following instructions from the owner's manual to unlock the radio.
    Quote:
    Enter your secret code as follows; pause no more than 15 seconds between steps:
    1. Turn the ignition on. LOC will appear on the display.
    2. Press MIN and 000 will appear on the display.
    3. Press MIN again until the last two digits agree with your code.
    4. Press HR until the first one or two digits agree with your code.
    5. Press AM-FM after you have confirmed that the code matches your secret code. The display will show SEC, indicating the radio is now operable and secure.

If you enter the wrong code eight times, INOP will appear on the display. You will have to wait an hour with the ignition on before you can try again. When you try again, you will only have three more chances (eight tries per chance) to enter the correct code before INOP appears.

If you don't know the code that was used to lock the radio then you will have to use the dealer's unlock procedure as follows. The dealer code changes over time - the one listed is current as of this posting. If it doesn't work try 08359 or search the forum for messages with a more recent code.
    Quote:
    1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first three digits of the display code are displayed.
    2. Write the numbers down.
    3. Press the AM-FM button, write down the next three numbers.
    4. Call 1-800-537-5140. When asked, enter dealer code 202108, press the * button, and enter the six digit code from the radio. You will get an unlock code, write it down.
    5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first two numbers, press the MIN button and set the next two numbers, then press the AM-FM button. The display will show SEC, indicating the radio is now operable and secure.

To remove the code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on the radio face indicating the code is now out of the radio.

now greybat66

Red
    1998 trans am

Thumbs up howdo i get to unlock my monsoon system

thank u so much u were very helpful i really appreciate.

now greybat66

Red
    1998 trans am

Thumbs up howdo i get to unlock my monsoon system

thank u so much u were very helpful i really appreciate it.

White
    2002 WS-6

TY

thank you so much for your help. you saved me about 50 bucks.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Yes what he posted above works, i had to use that when it locked when i got a new battery.

Who would want to steal a monsoon HU?
    2002 Camaro SS A4 - SLP# 2951 l MS4 l LT's w/ORY l F.A.S.T 78 & TB l Borla l Cutout l CME l TCI 3500 l 3.23's l !emissions l !sway

black
    1998 ws6 trans-am

Question dumb question?

Quote Originally Posted by fredmr85 View Post
    TheftLock Radio Theft Deterrent System
    TheftLock is designed to discourage theft of your radio. It works by using a secret code to disable all radio functions whenever battery power is removed (or when the radio is removed).

You usually don't have to worry about the TheftLock feature. TheftLock is not activated when you buy a new car and most owners don't bother activating it after taking delivery. Considering how little used Monsoon head units cost, there isn't much market for stolen ones. You can tell if TheftLock is activated by the flashing red LED on the face of the radio when the car isn't running.

When TheftLock is activated, the radio will display LOC to indicate a locked condition anytime battery power is removed. If your battery loses power for any reason, you must unlock the radio with the secret code before it will operate.

Unlocking the Theft-Deterrent Feature After a Power Loss

If you know the code that was used to lock the radio then use the following instructions from the owner's manual to unlock the radio.
    Quote:
    Enter your secret code as follows; pause no more than 15 seconds between steps:
    1. Turn the ignition on. LOC will appear on the display.
    2. Press MIN and 000 will appear on the display.
    3. Press MIN again until the last two digits agree with your code.
    4. Press HR until the first one or two digits agree with your code.
    5. Press AM-FM after you have confirmed that the code matches your secret code. The display will show SEC, indicating the radio is now operable and secure.

If you enter the wrong code eight times, INOP will appear on the display. You will have to wait an hour with the ignition on before you can try again. When you try again, you will only have three more chances (eight tries per chance) to enter the correct code before INOP appears.

If you don't know the code that was used to lock the radio then you will have to use the dealer's unlock procedure as follows. The dealer code changes over time - the one listed is current as of this posting. If it doesn't work try 08359 or search the forum for messages with a more recent code.
    Quote:
    1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first three digits of the display code are displayed.
    2. Write the numbers down.
    3. Press the AM-FM button, write down the next three numbers.
    4. Call 1-800-537-5140. When asked, enter dealer code 202108, press the * button, and enter the six digit code from the radio. You will get an unlock code, write it down.
    5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first two numbers, press the MIN button and set the next two numbers, then press the AM-FM button. The display will show SEC, indicating the radio is now operable and secure.

To remove the code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on the radio face indicating the code is now out of the radio.
    we are still thanking you for this info! thank you again I'll unlock it this time, i have a battery minder on it but it went bad, but another one on it, but radio had already locked, i know alot of people put after market radio's in theirs but i put after market speakers in and it sounds purtty good to me , but i'm hard of hearing in one ear to much loud music when i was young, i did have twin-turbos on this car took it to the track to race, i took them off when i grunaed the motor and got a 2000 ls1 corvette motor put in, right now it setting becase there is a noise from the rear of the car it's like a bump, but only when you turn left an give it a little gas, but i'm just about running a open muffler so i have a walker to put on to tone it down a bit maybe i can hear it better then, i know the shocks have had it and i need to check the subframe connectors there welded in i have never had slicks on it and there is no griding noise, so if anyone has any ideas i would be greatful to you. thanks again firewolf

Thread Information