Tan
    2000 Town Car

HiFonics Zeus Series VI

Does anyone know if this amp is capable of handling a 2 Ohm mono load? The manual only recommends a 4 Ohm mono load but I know there are some daredevils out there that have probably done it. Thanks!!!

sunburst orange
    2002 camaro ss

Not unless ypu want a bonfire.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I would not recommend it due to the chances of an electrical fire.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo90744 View Post
    Does anyone know if this amp is capable of handling a 2 Ohm mono load? The manual only recommends a 4 Ohm mono load but I know there are some daredevils out there that have probably done it. Thanks!!!
    NO IT'S NOT!!!!
    [SIZE="5"]I'm a avid HiFonics collector and NO it can NOT handle it.Protection will kick on in seconds.
    My key ? is why would you want to run it at 2 ohms bridged????
    At 4 ohms it's MORE than enough to run even a W7!!![SIZE="5"]

So what subs are you trying to push? And how big of power wire are you running and what alternator?
    The electrical fire comment....... SET THE PIPE DOWN!!! Can't and won't happen.
    He's talking about a REAL ZED AUDIO AMP [B]NOT JAP JUNK!!![B]
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Tan
    2000 Town Car

I was looking at pushing two 15" Kicker L7s but not sure which models to get. I originally want to find another Zeus so I can run 1 amp to each sub.

This is my first time owning an old school HiFonics amp. I purchased it because of all the great reviews I've read about these old skool Zed amps. I'm actually switching over from Zapco to HiFonics for bass amps.

I'm running the thickest power wire I can find which is 0/1 Gauge I believe. My alternator is stock even though I thought of purchasing a used one I found at a local wrecking yard that's in a wrecked 2004 cop car since I know they use beefed up alternators and they only want $40 for it. I'm currently using the factory 2000 Lincoln Town car alternator.

All the info you guys are providing is great and excellent and I really appreciate it thanks!!!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo90744 View Post
    I was looking at pushing two 15" Kicker L7s but not sure which models to get. I originally want to find another Zeus so I can run 1 amp to each sub.

This is my first time owning an old school HiFonics amp. I purchased it because of all the great reviews I've read about these old skool Zed amps. I'm actually switching over from Zapco to HiFonics for bass amps.

I'm running the thickest power wire I can find which is 0/1 Gauge I believe. My alternator is stock even though I thought of purchasing a used one I found at a local wrecking yard that's in a wrecked 2004 cop car since I know they use beefed up alternators and they only want $40 for it. I'm currently using the factory 2000 Lincoln Town car alternator.

All the info you guys are providing is great and excellent and I really appreciate it thanks!!!
    If you are running a 4 ohm load it's pushing a true 900 which is MORE than enough for those Kickers.If it's still not hitting hard enough I would look into the correct air space and port placement on the box.
    The ZUES has been referred to as the "Voice Coil Fryer" for 20 years now. And if you listen to all the OG rappers your hear EVERYONE of them refering to there ZUES.
    Anyways what are you using for a x-over....? And what db is the bass set at?
    Also what deck are you running or is there a line driver in the set-up?
    If you look on EBAY there is a store that sells nothing but alt. and starters. Search for 200 amp Mustang alt. I've had mine for 8 monthes now out here in the heat with NO issues. It was really cheap too compared to anyone eleses. It was for a emergency vehicals I think.
    PM me your email I'll send some pics of my ZUES's.

Tan
    2000 Town Car

Now will 1 Zeus be enough for both subs or would you recommend 1 for each sub? Yes, I will be using a custom vented box that it's suppose to be built to manufacturer specs. Wow, I had never heard of the amp being known as "Voice Coil Fryer" but I can sure imagine why.

I have heard the amp being mentioned in several songs. I initially wanted the Colossus but those are harder to come by. I am using the built-in crossover that's on my deck which is the Kenwood KVT-911DVD and I have the unit set at 80Hz or 120Hz (can't remember which) I believe so no frequencies over that is going to the amp. So you don't recommend the alternator that I found at the wrecking yard? It is in a cop car and for only $40!!!!

I currently have the amp hooked up to one 12" Kicker L7 with the gain 1/4 of the way up and it has shut down on me twice. It does heat up fairly fast. I bought a couple of small 12V fans but haven't had a chance to put them in. I will send you my e-mail address shortly for pix. Thanks!

Thread Information