Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

HERTZ Speakers???

Has anyone ever used these?

I went to Sound Man Car Audio and these are the speakers they recommended for my 2000 Camaro to replace the 8 Monsoon speakers with the tweeters in a separate pod on the door.

http://www.soundmancaraudio.com/Hertz.html

Any feedback?

Thanks

arctic white
    97 firebird

never heard of them, but id go with nothing less then JL's audio subs/speakers the best sound at a pretty good price....i have JL's and they sound amazing

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I never had either. I guess they're Italian.

I think I'll pass on them.

Thanks for the reply

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

a car audio place had them. imo they were better than JL but memphis were better. that was all on same system. then at circuit city their polks blew those away. and all were on amps (i only assume the polks were but the others def were as i was told so). the polks circuit city sell are like $115ish on amazon.

everyone here's things differently though. i would never consider buying speakers before hearing them first. and make sure u hear them without an amp if u dont plan on one cuz i already made that mistake on another car.
    Last edited by Speed Psychosis; 08-13-2008 at 06:48 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post
    a car audio place had them. imo they were better than JL but memphis were better. that was all on same system. then at circuit city their polks blew those away. and all were on amps (i only assume the polks were but the others def were as i was told so). the polks circuit city sell are like $115ish on amazon.

everyone here's things differently though. i would never consider buying speakers before hearing them first. and make sure u hear them without an amp if u dont plan on one cuz i already made that mistake on another car.

I've got the Polk's in my Probe. There are pretty decent. But, I didn't want Circuit City to install anything in my Camaro.

But your right about listening to them without the amp hook up...thanks

Buy Domestic, Buy a Lexus The Project's Avatar

Red Jewel
    2010 SS

Hertz is a high end speaker company from Italy. Audison amps are made by the same company.

I agree that you should hear them before you buy.

I have heard the HSK165 and they sound great (second only to Focal 165KF).

The Hertz has a very precise smooth sound, nice crisp highs (without being too harsh). A great speaker. I would highly recommend them or the Focal for a great sound.

arctic white
    97 firebird

idk what you guys are talking about JL's are the best haha just the front speakers for mine where 220....blew my other speakers away and alpine i spent over 2grand on mine and havent seen a better system yet for sound and bass

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by The Project View Post
    Hertz is a high end speaker company from Italy. Audison amps are made by the same company.

I agree that you should hear them before you buy.

I have heard the HSK165 and they sound great (second only to Focal 165KF).

The Hertz has a very precise smooth sound, nice crisp highs (without being too harsh). A great speaker. I would highly recommend them or the Focal for a great sound.
    Thanks for your input! It does seem that they are a higher end speaker. It's just that I had never heard of them before and was hoping someone here had

I was quoted $379 for the fronts with separate tweeter pods up top and the sails... installed.

arctic white
    97 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Thanks for your input! It does seem that they are a higher end speaker. It's just that I had never heard of them before and was hoping someone here had

I was quoted $379 for the fronts with separate tweeter pods up top and the sails... installed.
    damn for that much sounds good never heard of them either it would have costed me 345 installed on mine and 200 alone with tweeters with just the speakers

Buy Domestic, Buy a Lexus The Project's Avatar

Red Jewel
    2010 SS

They are well worth the money. You won't be disappointed.

They have a big following on car audio forums such as www.caraudio.com and www.caraudioforum.com

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

You might want to think about doing it yourself. They are probably around $150 on amazon. Installing speakers isn't hard at all, although you have to find a place for the tweeters. I think some of our sponsors might sell a pod that looks good in our cars. Also, its best to keep the tweeter close to the mid speaker or else it will sound like its overpowering the mid.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

You might want to think about doing it yourself. They are probably around $150 on amazon. Installing speakers isn't hard at all, although you have to find a place for the tweeters. I think some of our sponsors might sell a pod that looks good in our cars. Also, its best to keep the tweeter close to the mid speaker or else it will sound like its overpowering the mid.
    Thanks, but the days of my doing this myself are long over Nope, I'm more than happy to pay someone else to do it for me. And the guys at SoundMan are pros... That's all they do.

They'll set me up. And the kid I want doing the job has a 2000 TA and his system is awesome.

Thanks for all the feedback you guys!

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

^ ok just make sure he knows that the wiring and ohms for speakers can vary between camaros and birds. although im sure he'll notice that when you don't have components in the front anyway.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

^ ok just make sure he knows that the wiring and ohms for speakers can vary between camaros and birds. although im sure he'll notice that when you don't have components in the front anyway.
    Noted!

Thanks

Thread Information