Thread: help please

pewter
    2000 z28 camaro

help please

went to best buy(dont even say it i already know) and got what they told me to get. i have an aiwa hu, Alpine SPS-170A 6.5" in the doors, i am installing eu-700's in the sail pannels(currently there is a set of pioneers), and a kenwood kac-8402 amp. i am not looking for thump just a decent sounding set up and i think this will give me what i am looking for (i could be wrong though). right now the way everything is wired ther is no adjustment from front to back or side to side. and i dont think this will work once the eu-700's are installed. can all this work together and how do i wire it if so. all speakers have there own wires ran individually to them right now, and obviously i dont know anything about stereos. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

is the head unit already installed, or are you doing that, other wise, i would think you could use the stock wiring. you'll probably have to cut off the harness at the end and put on some butt connectors to wire them to the speakers. but why an Aiwa head unit? i've never heard of it, but i would think that with the speakers you're pushing, they'd had you go with a better head unit. personally, i would have went with pioneer. not too expensive, but great quality. and when you get those alpines in the doors, let me know how they sound. i'm looking to get a set to replace my blown ones. but you can get them on ebay new for less than what best buy charges. unless you work there or something.

Pewter
    2001 Z 28

Alpines

I got a set of thoose in my rear sail panels they sound good have decent bass long as you don't get crazy with the setting on the Hu.

Pewter
    01 Trans Am

Honestly I would recomend running new wires, I have two reasons for this a you dont ahve to cut the stock harnesses - just tape them down thus if you sell the car you can go back to stock and leave it unmolested for the next lucky cat, and you'll probably get better sound with new wires. I'm no expert but this is what I did and it's my 2 cents.

Currently seeking 95 9C1

I used to pull the plug off the stock speakers and solder wire from them to the new speaker terminals, then you can just plug right in.

Thread Information