Thread: help please

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

help please

I am already running a Kicker ZR120 on a marine Polk 10 sub, and my head unit is running my front 6.5 west marine, all of this is in my 07 CC golf cart.
    I am wanting to go with a Rockford 10 DVC and a Arc Audio KS500.1 mini. This amp is so small and I do not know anything about Arc Audio. Can some one give me info on Arc, and I can get it new for 349.00 is this a good price. Thanks

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

lets have the specs on that sub, theres a less costly alternative to power it somewhere out there....im thinkin the alpine mrp-m450 would be nice on there, and its not big at all...i bought one a while back on ebay for $60. ran 2 pioneer 12's like a champ.

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

well I want to replaced the Polk thats in a truck box under the golf cart above the rearend, I want to get a Rockford dvc 10 and build a box and enclose the sub and port it, then Ill undercoat it so I do not have to worry about getting anything wet. So if uyou can suggest a Rockford DVC 10 and a amp to match that will give me deep bass and with out bottoming that would be awesome.
    The set up now is great but when I turn it up the Sub starts to bottom out. thanks....

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by screamin chicken View Post
    well I want to replaced the Polk thats in a truck box under the golf cart above the rearend, I want to get a Rockford dvc 10 and build a box and enclose the sub and port it, then Ill undercoat it so I do not have to worry about getting anything wet. So if uyou can suggest a Rockford DVC 10 and a amp to match that will give me deep bass and with out bottoming that would be awesome.
    The set up now is great but when I turn it up the Sub starts to bottom out. thanks....
    there are plenty of subs to be had that wont bottom out....are you set on fosgate or open to other suggestions?

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

I have a 12 DVC in my TA and love it I have had kicke solo burn 3 up so not really sure about any others but if u have something in mind ill listen

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by screamin chicken View Post
    I have a 12 DVC in my TA and love it I have had kicke solo burn 3 up so not really sure about any others but if u have something in mind ill listen
    how much airspace are you workin with for the sub? improper airspace and tuning can cause a sub to bottom....the more we know about the airspace, the better we can match the sub....

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

well the box is a glue together wedge shape from Best Buys im thinking its 12X12. I am thinking of building my own from side to side of the golf cart and if i need 1.9 for a 10 then Ill build a wall and then port the other side.
    Last edited by screamin chicken; 02-26-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

Then again I didnt have much bass out of it and I stuff it completely with that pillow filler maybe I need to take some out.

pewter
    99 trans am

this link will kinda help you understand why you dont have much bass......
    http://www.caraudiobook.com/car_audi...cabin_gain.htm

its hard to get a lot of bass with an open air application...im sure this polk sub you already have could sound nice with the right airspace and tuning....before spending any money, take a look at this link and perhaps attempt a build of this enclosure....
    http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/su...ments=standard

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

Ok I will thanks dude for all the info an help

Thread Information