Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Help!! Crossover location???

Ok so right now i am wireing my camaro for some new Boston Acoustic Pro60s, that will take the place of the front door speakers, (im redoing the whole system) the crossover that comes with them are fairly large and i have no clue of any place that would be good to hide them that would still be close to the front doors, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

I hid my x-overs behind the kick panels. You don't want to mount them inside the door cavity. They may get wet there and then they're toast.

The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Thanks for your help while i was trying to figure out how to put my x-over behind the kick pannel i discovered i had room under the seat so its goin there let me know if there would be anything wrong with putting it there. Thanks again.

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

Under the seat should be fine. You just have to run longer wires from the x-overs to the speakers in the door. Other than that you shouldn't have a problem. Unless the motors used to adjust the seat emit noise that gets picked up by the crossovers somehow. Then you might have a problem whose only solution is to not put them there. Trying to filter out RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) is a PITA.

Black
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by White Rascal
    I hid my x-overs behind the kick panels. You don't want to mount them inside the door cavity. They may get wet there and then they're toast.

Click for full size
    I put the same crossover from this pic behind the sound deadening material inside the door panel. You just have to pull the foam door panelling off toards the bottom rear of the door you will find a large void there. Just be careful where your mounting screws will exit. (You can put them in there where they land inside the armrest.) Put the foam back with hot glue or equivalent after you mount the crossover . Make sure you carefully test fit it to make sure it won't obstruct the door panel going back on before you lock it down with screws.

Oh, they won't get wet here either because they are on the "inside" of the car, and there is a plastic sheet that protects the door panel.
    Last edited by sidonsbones; 06-11-2006 at 09:02 PM.

Thread Information