Black
    99 SS

Front door panel speakers

how do i remove the front door panel on a 98Z?

whats the easiest way, im about to install new speakers in like 2 mins so fast answers appreciated

Shoebox's window motor replacement gouge?

http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

Red
    1998 Camaro z28 Convertib

It isn't easy, Im having speakers installed on mine as we speak and the guys says he needs to get a "panel Popper" or something...

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

This is for my '99 Trans Am but a Camaro should be about the same.

1) Remove 1 screw to remove panel. You might be able to get the door trim panel off without removing this piece but I've always removed it when I take the panels off.

2) Lift up on the control panel to pop it out. Unplug the 3 wiring harnesses going to the buttons.

3 & 4) Remove screw and pry off the lock stem. Pull the panel out just a little so you can remove the courtesy lamp. Once the lamp is unplugged remove the panel.

5) Remove the large phillips head screw behind the panel you just removed.

6,7 & 8) Remove the 3 other large phillips head screws used to hold the door panel in place. The screw at location #8 is down inside the map pocket.

Now lift up and toward you to remove the trim panel. Be sure to un-plug the factory tweeter.

There are molded hooks on the back of the trim panel. They are used to hang the trim panel from holes that are in the door. One of these hooks is right next to the mid-woofer. Use caution here so that you don't poke a hole in your new speakers when you go to put the trim panel back on again.
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

Blue
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by White Rascal
    This is for my '99 Trans Am but a Camaro should be about the same.

[img]pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL83/511092/1451838/130035826.jpg[/img]

1) Remove 1 screw to remove panel. You might be able to get the door trim panel off without removing this piece but I've always removed it when I take the panels off.

2) Lift up on the control panel to pop it out. Unplug the 3 wiring harnesses going to the buttons.

3 & 4) Remove screw and pry off the lock stem. Pull the panel out just a little so you can remove the courtesy lamp. Once the lamp is unplugged remove the panel.

5) Remove the large phillips head screw behind the panel you just removed.

6,7 & 8) Remove the 3 other large phillips head screws used to hold the door panel in place. The screw at location #8 is down inside the map pocket.

Now lift up and toward you to remove the trim panel. Be sure to un-plug the factory tweeter.

There are molded hooks on the back of the trim panel. They are used to hang the trim panel from holes that are in the door. One of these hooks is right next to the mid-woofer. Use caution here so that you don't poke a hole in your new speakers when you go to put the trim panel back on again.
    oooh, many thanks White Rascal for this little write up for for removing the door panels. This will come in handy tonight for my component upgrade project.

-ty1er

Red
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by sweetask1ng
    It isn't easy, Im having speakers installed on mine as we speak and the guys says he needs to get a "panel Popper" or something...
    A pannel popper is a normal tool for any stereo installer, If the guy you are having install your speakers don't have one he must not be a stereo installer.

1999 Chevy Camaro

Please... . I have removed my door panels millions of times. It's not hard.

Just take out all screws and place them in a safe place. Then remove the plasic bezel and the doors switch panel will then pop out. At the same time remove the little plastic slider for the door lock. Undo the light in the plastic bezel, it will just come out after twisting it. After that just pull up on the door panel from the handle and it will come off towards you. Takes two min. tops!

The camaro panels are very similar to the TA ones, just with more screws and different locations. Thats why it's easy to replace them with TA ones and vice versa .

Rob
    Last edited by graphicsgod; 03-24-2006 at 06:29 AM.

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

And if they try to use a panel popper on your car get out of there immediately. You don't need a popper for the doors in a 4th gen F-Body

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by White Rascal
    And if they try to use a panel popper on your car get out of there immediately. You don't need a popper for the doors in a 4th gen F-Body
    Exactly!

Use one of those and you'll need a new panel. Since those tabs are easy to break off if your not carefull.

Rob

Thread Information