2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

DVD/NAV System Pictures

I am looking into purchasing an in dash DVD/NAV system for my 2002 WS6. I am looking for advice & pictures. I have always been a Pioneer fan, but don't know much about their dvd/nav systems. I know Alpines are supposed to be good too. Also want to know about fitment into our factory dash cutouts. Thanks.
    Black 02 Trans Am WS6 M6 SLP Lid, Bassani Stainless Headers & Y-Pipe w/o Cats, Borla Exhaust, BMR-STB, LCAs & Reloc. Brackets, Panhard Bar, & SFCs, Eibach Pro-kit With Bilsteins, BF Goodrich G Force KDWs, Optima Yellow Top, 5% Tint, Blackouts, Clear Side Lights, H-7 Headlights much more to come!

Hey there the best i can tell you is buy a Nav unit that you can take out to car to car have the alpine D310 and Nav 872 it is ok but it not as good as my tom tom 920T

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I have run alpine and pioneer stereos. Every alpine hu I have had lasts about 4 years max before the cd player takes a crap. My pioneers last for years. I currently have an older pioneer tv with just a cd. It sounds great and the picture is pretty good. My brother has an alpine and I think the picture quality is the same. Are you going with a flip out or going to use a custom surround? I say if you have good luck with pioneer stick with it. The only thing that takes some getting used to is not having the controls or clock available unless the screen is out.

Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

Yes, I like the flip out screens. I have always liked Pioneer and found it to be high quality, just never had any experience with their DVD/NAV systems. Have pics of your setup?

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I can take a pic if you want, but it is my subaru. It is also a 4 year old model.

Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

No, that's ok, thanks though. I'd like to see what one looks like installed in a Trans Am.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

This my Pioneeer AVH-P5700VD that I have had for 3 years and it has never given me any problems, I took it out of the Firebird and put it in Trans Am b/c I liked it so much I didnt want to get rid of it.

This is the screen retracted

Then with it out

You cant see it but I also have a switch down by my gas pedal that will bypass or enable the emergency brake lockout for the DVD player. Came in pretty handy once when I was playing some music videos when I got pulled.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    This my Pioneeer AVH-P5700VD that I have had for 3 years and it has never given me any problems, I took it out of the Firebird and put it in Trans Am b/c I liked it so much I didnt want to get rid of it.

This is the screen retracted
    Click for full size

Then with it out
    Click for full size

You cant see it but I also have a switch down by my gas pedal that will bypass or enable the emergency brake lockout for the DVD player. Came in pretty handy once when I was playing some music videos when I got pulled.
    Pioneer is easy to bypass, all you have to do is ground the wire that is supposed to go to the ebrake.

Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

How is the Nav. system? Is it comparable to just getting a portable tom tom, or is it not as good?? Not totally sure which way I want to go.

for the money tomtom is the way to go any of them top end portable nav units , i have a alpine in one of my cars it is ok unit but does miss alot and the portable unit you can UPGRADE THE ONE IN THE CAR HAD TO SPEND 300 FOR A NEW DISC THAT WAS NOT ANY BETTER

Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

Hmmmmm....I prefer an in dash unit, but I don't like the sound of that.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

The model I have does not have a full NAV system with it but you can buy one of the CDs that enable NAV but it does not work so well. The Pioneer head units with full NAV that I have been looking at start at 1000 and go up to 1800.

Thread Information