Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Done with windows...

Someone send me a manual crank please? So far here is what I have done to fix windows.

1. Tore door apart, lubed everything up to reduce drag.

2. Tore door apart, installed auto trix fix

3. Tore bezel apart installed new switches

4. Tore door apart, installed new motor

5. Tore door apart uninstalled auto trix then reinstalled auto trix after I elminated it from being the problem

My passenger window goes up real fast now, no more stutter, no drag. But here is the kick in the ass, four times up/down and the stupid circuit in the fuse box trips. It is red hot to. Wait 20 minutes, cools, and winodws work again. There is no logical expenation for this. The heat circuit breaker doohickey is only 30 amps...I want to find a 60 amper and disengage the overheat mechanism. If I fry all the wiring I got an excuse to get it all redone.

Anyone had this problem before...help me before I resort to mounting a computer fan in the fuse box door LOL

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Has much headache has you have been thru, use the method I try to use: roll the passenger window down HAS LITLE HAS POSSIBLE to avoid this problem...it scraes me when my wife rolls it down, really.
    Regards,
    Todd

#cajunhotrodder on instagram

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

unfortunately most of us experience problems with windows, Monsoon and optispark....

as far as the problem -- I would try getting rid of auto trix again? - if you have good window motors there really is no need for the kit -- it's preventative maintenance mostly for stock motors..

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

The shorter run lowers the OHMs using auto trix, in theory it is helping not hurting. As for possible solution, re-wire whole damn windows system with low resistance wiring. I am going to hit up a buddy who is an electrician in a week or so when I see him. Should get some good tips.

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    The shorter run lowers the OHMs using auto trix, in theory it is helping not hurting. As for possible solution, re-wire whole damn windows system with low resistance wiring. I am going to hit up a buddy who is an electrician in a week or so when I see him. Should get some good tips.
    the wires are more than adequate -- and how is lowering the resistance helping in theory? Helping what -- it move faster? - maybe... but it certainly isn't helping if the engineers designed everything to work at that resistance.

alright...just re-read your post -- "shorter run"? -- I was thinking you were changing the resistance of the load or something....not the wires -- I'll come back to this thread -- I have to look at the auto trix kit because I don't know what it does exactly -- but it sounds like it would be possible to mess up some wires somewhere.

As far as getting tips on engineering from an electricain.......ha - good luck!

Thread Information