Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

CB Radio anyone??

Call me redneck.. call me retarted... but does anyone have a cb in their T/A? All of our other vehicles have cbs in them and I was thinking about putting one in the console of my car with detachable brackets.

Go ahead.. start the bashing... hah

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Bandit had one .... so, why not. Actually, I'm getting one for off roading and back country. JEEPS use them a lot. Not sure if I need one in my Bird though.

I think a nice K40 is OK. They unscrew so it doesn't have to be there all the time either. ;-)

I don't care as much for the one on Bandit's car:

Last edited by Mecinoid; 02-07-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'll be putting my Ranger 2950 back in my truck but none for my T/A. I use to be into the CB's quite a bit.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

camper one this is camper two do you have a copy camper one camper two over. camper two this is camper one i have copy camper one over.camper one this is camper two frog needs two take a 10 200 camper two over.

i have a nice cb and a nice 250 watt kicker (amp) from being a otr truck driver but its to big and bulky to go in my ta and i never drive to much in big trucking lanes (hiways) so it wouldnt do me any good.
    Last edited by t-rock; 02-08-2008 at 02:41 AM.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Before cell phones we used cb's. We got a base station at home... with the 100 foot antenna.. talked to florida before on good clear nights.. A nice cobra with a well built antenna can get you 100 miles. Kinda miss those days of talking to my dad while he was on the way home... CB's werent invented when my jeep was made.. so its not "period correct"

anyway.. i think im gonna put mine in the console..if I dont go help with tornado damage this weekend.

Black
    1995 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Before cell phones we used cb's. We got a base station at home... with the 100 foot antenna.. talked to florida before on good clear nights.. A nice cobra with a well built antenna can get you 100 miles. Kinda miss those days of talking to my dad while he was on the way home... CB's werent invented when my jeep was made.. so its not "period correct"

anyway.. i think im gonna put mine in the console..if I dont go help with tornado damage this weekend.
    Post up pictures when your done, I think it would be cool to have one (easily remove able) for a road trip but not all the time.

Red
    '02 WS6

I had a CB with split PLL and 250W kicker in my '93 Z28 along with a scanner and radar/laser detector. I sold the Camaro back in '99 and put the electronics in the closet. Been thinking about what to put it in lately. there is way more room in my '71 Cutlass for stuff like that then my '02 tA though.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Will do.. Im gonna do it this weekend...

that is so funny , i had a 94 ta with a galaxay 99 and texas star amp 667 and a big ant off the side quarter panel i told everone that asked and a lot of people did ask what the HECK is that i just told them so i can drive my car by remote and hate to say this most of the people belived that , if they did not i hit the remote start and that would help yes i did the CB off a floor mount it worked great

now what hatch do you have on your TA ? If you have the Hi back rear tail it will be very hard to tune the ant. SWRs feedback from the ant to the cb mine had the low one but i still talk on a cb every now and then better knows as viper or 421 from the sand pile I guess iam 73s talk to you on the flip

here is a pic http://thumb5.webshots.net/s/thumb3/...lTyVPHb_th.jpg or you can go here and look as well http://community.webshots.com/user/bells_installslet me know how things work out

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Hah. Will do,

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Yep.. put one in mine because of last years Bandit Run.. LOTS of people had them for the run... fun listening to the truckers.. even though half the time I had no idea what the heck they were talking about.. LOL.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

got one in the 4x4, cobra ltd 29 classic. comes in handy wheeling and hunting
    i say go for it bro!

hey put some picks of where you mounted the cb cuz these T/A's have very little interior space and i've got no clue where to put mine

if you go to the web site above there might be some pics there I no longer have that car , and this TA is not going to have one has the high back fin so cant mount the ant off of the quarter panel , now the cb was mounted on a floor mount on the right side it was a little higher then the seat

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Mine is going in the console.. All Quick Release

as soon as the 20 degree icestorm turns into 60 degree sun ill put her in the shop

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by TheSlammer5 View Post
    hey put some picks of where you mounted the cb cuz these T/A's have very little interior space and i've got no clue where to put mine
    Passenger side to the trans tunnel is a good place. Screw the passengers comfort.

Thread Information