Thread: Car Audio Help

Pewter
    2000 Formula Firebird

Car Audio Help

Sup Guys,

Anyone Looking for help on what you need for a system let me know. From Pointers on sometime small to a entire over the Top System.

Bobby

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Very nice work on those two enclosures. That scion is crazy. I have a question. LOL I run a Polk audio dual 4 or dual 2 ohm voice coil (can't remember right now) DB12 in a ported single 12 enclosure on my home audio system. Right now I use an old yamaha Pro logic 1 ... yes that a 1 lol to power the sub out signal off my sony DTS suround reciever. It only makes like 100 to 150 watts and right now I am only powering the dual voice coils on one channel of the yamaha. I need more power for it and have thought about using a cheap 350watt mono car amp to boost the power level but I can't seem to figure out what AC to Dc power converter to use to power it so I don't get noise, or what can supply enough amps to power the sub under heavy load. Another option I was going to do was to power the other voice coil with the other channel of the yamaha amp. What do you think?

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by BA2000SS View Post
    Sup Guys,

Anyone Looking for help on what you need for a system let me know. From Pointers on sometime small to a entire over the Top System.

Bobby
    The rear speakers (sail panel and hatch) are all blown in my '01 T/A. I'm lookin to replace them ASAP. I beleive the door speakers are ok for the time being so I probably wont replace them right away. I love having bass but dont want to add a 10" sub at the moment, in an atempt to save a little weight. Any suggestions for good solid speakers to replace the 6.5" sail panel speakers/subs and rear 4" mids? btw i have the monsoon 10 spkr setup.
    Last edited by nichoLaS1; 09-23-2010 at 09:14 AM.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

There is a stickey at the top of this section on how to replace the subs with eu700's wich are subs. I think that modle is out of production but they have others. Check it out. I doubt this guy will respond unless you pm him and then still doubt it. Here is the thread link http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36813

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by JaycenK View Post
    There is a stickey at the top of this section on how to replace the subs with eu700's wich are subs. I think that modle is out of production but they have others. Check it out. I doubt this guy will respond unless you pm him and then still doubt it. Here is the thread link http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36813
    Well i went ahead and ordered a pair of bazooka 6.5" subs.. thanks for the suggestion though

Thread Information