orange
    99 z28

camaro brokin into! help!

my 99 z28 was broken into last night while at a shop getting fixed. somehow they got the alarm off and took my stereo. ok, i have no guages except oil pressure, no lights on when i open my doors until the key is turned on, alarm does not arm when i lock and close door...

what did they do? this is not good! i hate to ask to post this, but how do you disarm an alarm AND kill my guages? is there some wires i should check?

please help

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

are the wires that were hooked to the radio just torn out or is the factory connector still there? is it a factory alarm or aftermarket?

orange
    99 z28

i rewired the speaker wires and spliced it all into my head unit. the wires look like they were removed quickly, but not ripped out (at least not violently). i think its something else they did. unfortunately i have no exp. stealing cars so i don't know where to start. could they have pulled a certain fuse somewhere or are the wires exposed under the car anywhere they could have cut?

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

You sue the shop owners insurance and have him pay for the repairs

orange
    99 z28

won't i just have to pay an assload of lawyer fees to maybe win? besides that, if its something simple, which it looks like. i'd rather take the opportunity to take things apart and see what makes it work. besides i already got money from him

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

there are a second set of brown and grey wires that work the stock stereo illunination and dimming. check to see if these wires got ripped or grounded out. if they check out o.k. check the fuses on the side of the dash on the driver side.

orange
    99 z28

ok, the gauges were a fuse by the drivers door (i think radio acc.) problem is, i still have no alarm and when i installed a new stereo the acc wire is all f'd up. first it worked but didn't hold memory when car off, then next day acc wire is dead, had to hook both 12v & acc to the 12v wire from fuse box (always on). i guess i could re-wire it. but i really want to get to the source of the problem instead of patching it up.

anyone have more info on the wires they could have messed with? i didn't see any cut wires around stereo, but i didn't take dash apart by steering column (pretty sure they didn't take it off)

please help though, very frustrating, these modern million wire marvels. i'm in an electrical controls class right now learning about the different ways they've complicated things so much you need to go to school to understand any of it. sorry, little frustrated

anyone got a wiring schematic or chart or anything for the alarm?

Thread Information