Thread: BCM help

BCM help

Anyone happen to know the model number of the BCM body control modual for a 1996 Trans Am? Mines going haywire and I need to replace it, but the only place that i found that has them in stock needs the specific model number.

Also, i havent heard back from him, but wont they need my vin number or something so they can program it so it accepts the pellet resitance code from my key or will i need all new keys/locks too?

anything else i need to know about them before i swap them? (any radio, alarm, airbag or whatever precautions, sidenotes, suggestions, warnings...)

found two model numbers:

1996 BCM
    16243961 w/AU0
    16243951 w/o AU0

My door states I have AU0 (but I have an aftermarket alarm now with unlock door/hatch features auto on unarm)

I finally tore the interior apart and got the BCM out from its holder, and opened it up. Found exactly where the ticking noise was comming from, what the hell is it?? Are those relays something I can replace? The dealership wants $220 for the BCM replacement plus $50 for programming plus another $100 for installation!! And on the net they go for $130 but I'd rather just change whatever that thing is thats ticking!

Also there seems to be a wire missing, or is this normal? (If anyone has pics of stock BCM cable setup PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEASE send me it!)

Better image:

AND WTF si this neon relay?
    Last edited by grandkodiak; 02-06-2007 at 08:46 AM.

Black
    2000 Firehawk

it's too hard to see what you have there. at least on my screen. can you resize?

resized

Thread Information