Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Auxillary out put devices for playing music... who has one?

Google "PAC AAI-GM9"

It's like an adapter that allows you to plug in your mobile devices to your stereo system.

Also check out oemautosound (dot) com. They have a lot of options for "updating" our cars to be able to accomodate stuff like Androids/i-Phones/i-Pods, etc.

Its one of the things I'd like to do to my car so that I can free up some space in my console by getting rid of a bunch of CDs. (Also, the AZ heat killed my CD player, so I'm looking to update my music-playing capabilities).

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I got a $250 DVD player with a 8 gig thumbdrive full of music. It also does bluetooth. Music or calls. You could prob find a 100$ single din stereo that will take a thumb drive. Or take an ipod or stereo directly into the front. Virtually every stereo on the market will do this now. If you need some help finding what you want, or need help installing it, let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

The one I have is the pioneer AVH-X2500BT.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Oh really? I'll be looking into a head unit with USB in this case. Thank you kindly!

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Oh really? I'll be looking into a head unit with USB in this case. Thank you kindly!
    You are welcome. If you need an install kit for a single din, let me know. I have the single din mounting hardware from when I pulled my old (but still awesome) Alpine out. You will just have to find an adaptor for the stereo you buy to work with the factory harness. Makes it an extremely easy install. Don't bother buying from an install shop here in town. They mark up their products about 300%. Big box stores, or ebay.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    Right on. I'm liking all this stuff that's coming up. Amazing what you find out when you just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    You are welcome. If you need an install kit for a single din, let me know. I have the single din mounting hardware from when I pulled my old (but still awesome) Alpine out. You will just have to find an adaptor for the stereo you buy to work with the factory harness. Makes it an extremely easy install. Don't bother buying from an install shop here in town. They mark up their products about 300%. Big box stores, or ebay.
    I will bear that in mind, sir! I like to buy gadgets online, myself. Especially "aftermarket" type things.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

If you are decently handy with a soldering iron and aren't afraid to modify your electronics, an aux port can be added to your monsoon system for pretty cheap. How you can add an aux input/mp3 player without an adapter - LS1TECH

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake | PnP TB | 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I did an easy and cheap thing to mine.

Installed an FM interruptor. Unplug your antenna connection at the back of the radio, plug into the interruptor, then plug the interruptor into the back of the radio. Wired power and ground to, and it has a switch to turn the device on and off. I blocks the radio signal coming in and plays whatever you have plugged into its aux port. Only downside IMO is it doesn't charge your device.

Thread Information