Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

anyone who has this give me your opinion of it

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I have one that is close to that, but a little better. Don't remember the # though. It is awesome, I have been a JVC fan for a long time

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

I dont know why in the hell someone would want a small ass screen like that ? Have you ever actually tried to watch a movie with your head down staring at that small ass thing? Especially at close to $500? pay another $200-300 and you can get a full size one with alot more features and a better brand name. Then you can actually see the screen too
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by kage 62005 View Post
    I second that
    Im getting a screen in my rearview thats almost bigger than that one in the dash described above.. Its nuts that someone would pay that much for it..

black
    01 camaro ss

Why don't you look into the jensen vm9510. I thin you might like it.

1966 Corvette Coupe

dude i want one BAD... and i dont think the DVD is the greatest feature of it... i mean if you want it just because of that intall a seperate screen... i mean just being able to play music videos or use the screen for pics of your car... and it is sooooo much cleaner of an install than some huge screen that peels out of your dash... it has 5.1 surround sound... the output is a lil weak, but what ever...

for the price and you have the capability to read disk with 1000 songs on it... yeah im all about it

below is a link to a reveiw

http://www.cenlacdc.org/avx2/

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    I dont know why in the hell someone would want a small ass screen like that ? Have you ever actually tried to watch a movie with your head down staring at that small ass thing? Especially at close to $500? pay another $200-300 and you can get a full size one with alot more features and a better brand name. Then you can actually see the screen too
    if you do a fold out screen count on paying more like $1200-$2000 for a good one we arent dealing in dual here...

Quote Originally Posted by fspeedster View Post
    Why don't you look into the jensen vm9510. I thin you might like it.
    you just said jensen... your opinion is now null and void...

-me

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

between that one, and the double din that jvc offers, i think they'd both be cool. but i'd have to find someone that would fiberglass the surround for the camaro for the DD.

black
    01 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    dude i want one BAD... and i dont think the DVD is the greatest feature of it... i mean if you want it just because of that intall a seperate screen... i mean just being able to play music videos or use the screen for pics of your car... and it is sooooo much cleaner of an install than some huge screen that peels out of your dash... it has 5.1 surround sound... the output is a lil weak, but what ever...

for the price and you have the capability to read disk with 1000 songs on it... yeah im all about it

below is a link to a reveiw

http://www.cenlacdc.org/avx2/

if you do a fold out screen count on paying more like $1200-$2000 for a good one we arent dealing in dual here...

you just said jensen... your opinion is now null and void...

-me
    I used to think like that, but for the money there's nothing better out there. If I had the money id go with a Pioneer or Alpine, but then you have to worry about the install of the many components you need to hook up, just to make it work. The Jensen gives you everything in one even 5.1 sound and an output for a center channel, no need to deal with a bunch of pieces. It doesn't look like the best but for what you get at the price{ I payed 512 on ebay}.I had it for a year and no problems.
    I now plan to put in the double din indash TS for under 600 bucks. As far as a jvc I wouln't buy one for a $100. You really got to look into it, unless you got over $1300. The Jensen will even work with th i-pod's. Shit I can keep going on and on.

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

im not planning on using it to sit down for 2 hours and watch a whole dvd, its mostly to watch videos on

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

-me
    You need to think again you can find a top of the line flip out alpine screen in very good used or new condition for about $800-900 on ebay any day of the week from a good seller.

I have a full alpine system besides one of my amps and all of the speakers.. and no low models either .. all top of their class .. You get what you pay for I have tons of dvds with music videos on them mixed and everything .. professionally not bootleg shit. you will hate looking at your tiny ass screen thats the size of most cell phones now.. so instead of pissing away $500 why not pay for something thats worth the money and get what you really want

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

1966 Corvette Coupe

im still of the opinion that flipscreens suck... and its too much hassle to install a double DIN... and he said he wasnt gonna use it for 2 hours worth of movies... soooo screen size really isnt that big of a deal... so he's gonna use it for mostly music... and that is a bad ass $500 radio... sony, pioneer, panasonic all have radioar out over $400 with not near the fearures (im not even counting the movie feature here) with sound quality that i will bet is no better... hmmm extra $50 for one of the most useful screens on the market... sure ill do that... oh wait... it plays dvds too...

and i hate when ppl use ebay for pricing... thats like me going to crutchfeild and saying nooo loook they are expensive... you have to atleast use a consistant trustworthy site for basic pricing... you know saying well they retail for abour $1000 but you might could pick up on on ebay for $800... ok ill letyou have that...

and for $800 you could have an avx2 in your dash and a monitor in each visor... and that makes like 15 inches of screen instead of 7...

dude i say go with it JVC is a good company. buddy of mine had a chamelean for like 5 years, i went through 3 pioneers in that time... its strange someone is insulting jvc right after someone else praises jensen... do youhave a pyle amp? or maybe a pyramid? jesus theres nothing better for the money... if i pay $1 for a pile of crap i only spent a dollar... but i still have a pile of crap...

-me

black
    01 camaro ss

im still of the opinion that flipscreens suck... and its too much hassle to install a double DIN... and he said he wasnt gonna use it for 2 hours worth of movies... soooo screen size really isnt that big of a deal... so he's gonna use it for mostly music... and that is a bad ass $500 radio... sony, pioneer, panasonic all have radioar out over $400 with not near the fearures (im not even counting the movie feature here) with sound quality that i will bet is no better... hmmm extra $50 for one of the most useful screens on the market... sure ill do that... oh wait... it plays dvds too...

and i hate when ppl use ebay for pricing... thats like me going to crutchfeild and saying nooo loook they are expensive... you have to atleast use a consistant trustworthy site for basic pricing... you know saying well they retail for abour $1000 but you might could pick up on on ebay for $800... ok ill letyou have that...

and for $800 you could have an avx2 in your dash and a monitor in each visor... and that makes like 15 inches of screen instead of 7...

dude i say go with it JVC is a good company. buddy of mine had a chamelean for like 5 years, i went through 3 pioneers in that time... its strange someone is insulting jvc right after someone else praises jensen... do youhave a pyle amp? or maybe a pyramid? jesus theres nothing better for the money... if i pay $1 for a pile of crap i only spent a dollar... but i still have a pile of crap...

-me
    Nope, not Pyle nor Pyramid just the Jensen head unit, 3 US-AMPS amplifiers , 2 sets of 6.5 '' m6 Diamond audio sep. and 2 12 JL w6v2. Total of 700 clean watts .

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

did you buy the jvc?

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

yeah i picked it up, just over 200 bucks for it off ebay, now i just have to install it. just waiting on my HUMOUNT.

Thread Information