Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

anyone here an installer???

So march is here and the bird will soon migrate back into my life so it's time to get everything moving in regards to my plans for 2010. Last year I installed a head unit, front speakers and sail subs. The difference in sound from the new fronts to the factory rears is STRIKING. it's nearly awkward and jarring. I also plan on moving to a 10" sub in a stealth box so I'm considering dumping the sail subs and putting another set of the same type as the fronts where the sails were.

Currently have:

Pioneer DEH-P800PRS head unit
    Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS front components
    Kicker CVT's in the sails
    Monsoon stock in the hatch.

The hatch speakers and Kickers are running off the monsoon amp.
    The Pioneers are running off the head unit.

What I propose:

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS in the sails, figure out something to do with the tweeters lol.

ditch the hatch speakers

power the 4 sets of components with a Pioneer PRS-A900 amp

put a sub in a stealth box... considering my preference for Pioneer I was thinking

TS-W2502D4 sub with
    PRS-D1200SPL amp.

I have made a total hack job of the wiring on this system. It all works but after doing a full install on my saturn I can admit when I am in over my head. I was hoping someone on this board, in my area , is a pro at this and wouldn't mind an afternoon spent tearing into all this with me.... compensation at a mutually agreed amount of course. I'd be glad to provide food drink transportation and tools for starters.

Anyone here into this stuff???

Just as a side thought.... The speakers are on a passive x-over network but the HU as well as the Pioneer amps can run active 3way network mode. Not sure what it would take to run the whole shebang active but i'm sure someone can enlighten me!

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

if all your speakers will be powered by amps, then you should run new wiring to each speaker pod from the amp and that will bypass the monsoon amp, which is only getting in the way. you will only need power, ground, remote lead, and rca outputs at the deck so the speaker wires arent necessary to hook up. all this will be easier with the seats and carpet removed, which isnt that hard to do in these cars. basically, if a person knows what to do, this can be done in a day. just take it one step at a time.

btw, nice equipment you got goin in there.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Thanks. To clarify. I have already bypassed the monsoon on the front channel. The TS-C720's are wired directly to the head unit. I used the wiring diagram from TSS to figure out what was going in and coming out of the amp and just wired the passive xovers right there so no new wires needed to be run..... for now lol. The head unit simply does NOT have the power for these speakers. They weigh a ton and even though it has a nice amp for a head unit.... it's still a head unit amp and i want to take that load off the HU and turn it's amp off completely, it has an option for that.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    if all your speakers will be powered by amps, then you should run new wiring to each speaker pod from the amp and that will bypass the monsoon amp, which is only getting in the way. you will only need power, ground, remote lead, and rca outputs at the deck so the speaker wires arent necessary to hook up. all this will be easier with the seats and carpet removed, which isnt that hard to do in these cars. basically, if a person knows what to do, this can be done in a day. just take it one step at a time.

btw, nice equipment you got goin in there.
    Agree 10x

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I can help you. You can come out to me or I could make the trip in.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Good to know, thanks. Perhaps you can let me know what you think of my current plans?? Am i heading in the right direction? I might be buying at least some of this stuff in the next week or two. I would like to have a balanced front rear setup before my first road trip which is scheduled for April 1 at 4pm. I'm thinking the other set of TS-C720's and maybe.... MAYBE the A900PRS..... I think that the amp might just be too much work to rush into the car in the short time I have from now till then. I also have noplace to put the passive xovers.... right now they are just sitting on top of the spare and there are two more to come LOLOL.... might look pretty on a wall rack.... 2 amps 4 xovers a fuse block and a cap??? Unless I go active then I don't know what i'd need lol.

ugh road trip reminds me that I need to scrub the squirrel crap/leaves and tree crap off the paint.... damn storm before I put it away.... it's been snowy since so I never got to clean it and now I have stains all over the freakin place.... got the hood and fenders decent on the one day i was able to get the car out. still gotta give the car a good scrub down to get everything off. I have a BUSY march eh???
    Last edited by LSCyaL8R; 03-02-2010 at 02:18 PM.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

The crossovers could probably be moved closer to the speakers. Doors for the fronts and not sure on the rears. My third gen I was able to put them behind the rear panel. If you went active then they wouldnt be needed but then you would want more than a 4 channel amp if you were doing that. We could run new wires for everything if you got that amp.

Thread Information