Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

antena going up when playing CD usalley only gos up w/ tuner

I have a 99WS6 and a mid priced Kenwood head unit the only time the electric antena should go up is when the HU is switched to tuner then go down when I change sources.

antena going up when I turn on the unit reguardless of which source was left on during turnoff and when playing CD or flash drive usalley only go's up w/ tuner on then when I switch the source to standby the antena goe's down, switch to either CD or flash drive back up it just started doing this yesterday.

I have had this HU for about 6-7 years no problems.

edit:in recent weeks I have observed the removable display being all pixelated when first inserting then it starts displaying correctly.

edit: the sound quaility has not downgraded still plays fine however I would prefer the antena to stay down when not using tuner. hopefully I won't have to pull the power to the antena and never use it in up position.

Thanks for any helpfull advice
    Last edited by qwik219d9; 12-18-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

anyone

LPM
    2000 Z28

If its possible your battery lost a charge it would reset your settings in the head unit. All mine have always had an option to power up for radio or to always have it up with power on.

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

if you'r referring to the cars battery over the years I have dissconnected it many times and never had this antena up situation,

this radio doe's have many settings I recently adjusted the time maybe I accidently pressed a wronge setting to create this situation, thanks for the tip however I'm not optimistic about these setting I have adjusted time many times w/ out messing up the antena.

BTW nice looking camaro, ? is you'r E^2 Catch Can a double chambered type and how often do you have to drain it?

Thanks

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by qwik219d9 View Post
    if you'r referring to the cars battery over the years I have dissconnected it many times and never had this antena up situation,

this radio doe's have many settings I recently adjusted the time maybe I accidently pressed a wronge setting to create this situation, thanks for the tip however I'm not optimistic about these setting I have adjusted time many times w/ out messing up the antena.

BTW nice looking camaro, ? is you'r E^2 Catch Can a double chambered type and how often do you have to drain it?

Thanks
    Thanks man. It's little things that get overlooked sometimes. If it got reset to factory settings it could have done it.

I check it every oil change but have never had more than 3/4" in the bottom. Think it's the only one they offer

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Some aftermarket HU's come with a reset button that will restore the factory settings. Look for a small hole on the faceplate that the tip of a ballpoint pen would fit in. If you have one, push and hold it for a few seconds and that should do the trick. Of course, you'll need to re-enter all your stations, set the clock and such.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Some aftermarket HU's come with a reset button that will restore the factory settings. Look for a small hole on the faceplate that the tip of a ballpoint pen would fit in. If you have one, push and hold it for a few seconds and that should do the trick. Of course, you'll need to re-enter all your stations, set the clock and such.
    I'll agree, but still double check for a setting. I'm pretty sure my factory setting on my Pioneer was to always power the antenna. (doesn't seem to bother me much in my Camaro though lol)

Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    the reset button was the solution. curious why this situation was created in the first place?
    Thanks Jeff & derekbuckner1

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Glad you got it figured out.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Glad it's working!

Thread Information