Red
    2002 Camaro SS

all speakers to amp

i have a rockford fosgate amp...great amp...i replaced the factory speakers with 6.5x9 alpine type r's in the front, the rear will be replaced soon as well. any ideas? (convertible gets in the way of speakers thats why the type r's couldnt go in the back)...anyway the components speakers sound very nicely with the tweeters but i wanted to wire everything up to the aftermarket amp instead of the stock unit through the crossovers that came with the speakers...anyone have a breif explanation of how to do it? i dont have the slightest clue

last of the breed... urstolendesire's Avatar

Red
    2002 Transam

the crossovers that came with the speakers should have a positive and negative input, from there, they will have a positive and negitve goin to the speaker, and a positive and negative goin to the tweeter. most crossovers also have a place to either reduce the tweets by 5 dbs. or full power. this is if you are running to an amp, you dont want to run your tweets that loud, it will give headaches quick.

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Do you have an aftermarket HU? If so....it's just the same as any normal setup - refer to the diagram included with your components for more details.

What amp were you going to use?

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

im keep the original look so no aftermarket hu...the amp is a rockford fosgate model p8002 2 channel amp..it powered my two 10 inch type r's with enormous bass....i just want great sound all around now

i tried wiring the speaker straight to the amp but i got no sound...i have not the slightest idea of what to do so all the help i can get will be appreciated

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

You're going to have to explain in much greater detail every connection you made to/from the amp.

last of the breed... urstolendesire's Avatar

Red
    2002 Transam

obviously you need an audio signal which is where the rca's come in. running off a factory HU your goin to need a ..... aw hell i forgot what its called, but you tap into the rear speaker wires and it converts that into rca's that can then go into the amp. easy as that... so you need a power/ground/remote to turn it on, rca's for the signal, and wires to whatever speaker your driving. the disadvantage to that converter is that its not quite as easy to adjust the bass if your driving a sub. when you turn your bass up, you turn up the bass to evverything.

lemme know if ya need summore info!! ...its why i got certified. lol.

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by urstolendesire View Post
    obviously you need an audio signal which is where the rca's come in. running off a factory HU your goin to need a ..... aw hell i forgot what its called.....

lemme know if ya need summore info!! ...its why i got certified. lol.
    Line-level adapter...............and you call yourself "certified"???

Unless your amp has speaker-level inputs obviously (line-level is best though)...however we don't even know how he has it wired up so the signal may not be the problem at all.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

ill say this much...the way i had everything setup with with my subs is that i soldered speaker wires on to the rear speakers...from there..they were bridged to the amp...after, i used the input from the amp to wire them to the subs...everything wored perfectly...
    the signal is somewhat rigged...i dont have the antenna that rises and drops when the radio is turned on as a signal so i made it to where i plug it into the cigarette port or the port next to it...

this is literally wat i tried to do...speaker wire to amp, done.

thought maybe it could wrk..im sure as hell not certified and should be shot to shit if i was cuz i dont know anything about it...i could do anything with instructions though

seeing as how me rear speakers are blown, i will be replacing them...i want all 4 speakers, along with tweeters, to be wired to the amp, with the crossover. if someone could tell me exactly what to do i would be thankful

Thread Information