Thread: ah shit...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Angry ah shit...

the other day i went to press the volume button on my stock monsoon (i broke the one on my steering wheel) and hit a bump and hit my clock screen... now the damn thing don't work so good... any way to fix this?

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

what exactly is it doing?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    what exactly is it doing?
    the clock display doesn't work in the dark but is viewable in bright light... i knocked that little glass plate out of where it sits...

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

its not hard to take the face off the stereo. just a really small flat headed screw driver to pop tabs, and a 7/16 socket to pull the nut out from behind the volume knob. i could tear mine down and give you a write up if needed

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    its not hard to take the face off the stereo. just a really small flat headed screw driver to pop tabs, and a 7/16 socket to pull the nut out from behind the volume knob. i could tear mine down and give you a write up if needed
    i thought about doing it... i'll have to check it out more once i get my car back from the shop... i'm to lazy any more to swap motor mounts...

The Devil You Know!! TooFastT/A's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

I know this prob don't help much but.....why not upgrade to a new deck? I would say pop a new Alpine in there, then that would be pimp! You could prob score one real cheap!

1998 WS7 T/A M6| SLP:Lid,Line Lock,LM Exhaust w/ORY,Skip Shift| Pacesetter LT| 80mm BBK TB| Centerforce LS6 Clutch| Eaton Detroit TrueTrac Differential| MAC Diff.Carrier Girdle| 3:73 Gears| Spohn Cntrl Arms| Hotchkis Adj PHB| H&R Lowering Sp.Springs| NX 150 Shot Direct Port|More Mods... FQuick Page

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by TooFastT/A View Post
    I know this prob don't help much but.....why not upgrade to a new deck? I would say pop a new Alpine in there, then that would be pimp! You could prob score one real cheap!
    personally i like the EQ on the monsoon... have a treb, bass and mid eq is fucking gay as hell... i like to get my sounds EQ perfect... i know i could get a after market radio, amp and stand alone EQ... but the monsoon is fine for me...

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    personally i like the EQ on the monsoon... have a treb, bass and mid eq is fucking gay as hell... i like to get my sounds EQ perfect... i know i could get a after market radio, amp and stand alone EQ... but the monsoon is fine for me...
    I hear that, Im such a perfectionist when it comes to sound and eq'ing right (maybe cause I'm a musician and do a lot of studio work!) As far as the stock stereo thing goes, I used to be that way...stock was way easy to use and it did the trick....till I upgraded! Alpines, and most every aftermarket deck has EQ's on it but in Digital form! My Alpine has pretty much a full 30 band eq that I can adjust at will and a whole shit ton of preset eq settings! Takes like 5-10 min or so for me to adjust bass, mids, and highs to my likings, and I can store into memory, then if it doesn't suit a specific song, I just change it or change it to one of the many presets!

It's just a matter of personal preference, and I'm not trying to change your mind or convert you or anything like that....just giving my .02 on the subject!
    Stock is stock...aftermarket is upgrade!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

I hear that, Im such a perfectionist when it comes to sound and eq'ing right (maybe cause I'm a musician and do a lot of studio work!) As far as the stock stereo thing goes, I used to be that way...stock was way easy to use and it did the trick....till I upgraded! Alpines, and most every aftermarket deck has EQ's on it but in Digital form! My Alpine has pretty much a full 30 band eq that I can adjust at will and a whole shit ton of preset eq settings! Takes like 5-10 min or so for me to adjust bass, mids, and highs to my likings, and I can store into memory, then if it doesn't suit a specific song, I just change it or change it to one of the many presets!

It's just a matter of personal preference, and I'm not trying to change your mind or convert you or anything like that....just giving my .02 on the subject!
    Stock is stock...aftermarket is upgrade!
    i agree with you... i am also a musician... (play guitar, bass, drums, and i fuck around on the keyboard) but i'm more intrested in making my car fast atm... once i have reached close to 500 rwhp i'll start with the stereo stuff...

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

i agree with you... i am also a musician... (play guitar, bass, drums, and i fuck around on the keyboard) but i'm more intrested in making my car fast atm... once i have reached close to 500 rwhp i'll start with the stereo stuff...
    See, so you know what I am talking about! My problem is that I tend to focus on both...Performance and appearance! Drives the wife insane how one min I get something for the engine or the suspension, and the next min I'm getting new lighting or new lenses, etc..

How close are you to your goal of 500 rwhp? I'm sitting at 390 right now, but after my custom Lingenfelter LT1, supercharged, and some other shit, I'll be closer to 600 rwhp! My goal is 600-700 and that will be good enough for me!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

See, so you know what I am talking about! My problem is that I tend to focus on both...Performance and appearance! Drives the wife insane how one min I get something for the engine or the suspension, and the next min I'm getting new lighting or new lenses, etc..

How close are you to your goal of 500 rwhp? I'm sitting at 390 right now, but after my custom Lingenfelter LT1, supercharged, and some other shit, I'll be closer to 600 rwhp! My goal is 600-700 and that will be good enough for me!
    right now i should be over 400rwhp and tq... i get my car back today and i'm hoping that the header install will lean me out a bit and not richen me even more... but i'm debating a T-rex or MS3 or ms4 cam...

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

right now i should be over 400rwhp and tq... i get my car back today and i'm hoping that the header install will lean me out a bit and not richen me even more... but i'm debating a T-rex or MS3 or ms4 cam...
    I'd do the MS4! That is one baddd ass cam and is still very streetable!

What springs/lifters are you runnin, also what heads?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

I'd do the MS4! That is one baddd ass cam and is still very streetable!

What springs/lifters are you runnin, also what heads?
    stock ls6... i dropped a new LS6 crate motor in about a year ago...

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

stock ls6... i dropped a new LS6 crate motor in about a year ago...
    Sweeet! You could always do another motor swap, LS9 that is coming on the new ZR1s!! You would really be

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Sweeet! You could always do another motor swap, LS9 that is coming on the new ZR1s!! You would really be
    nooo!!! i've gone through enough motors...

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Thread Information