red

Adding a new amp for aftermarket subs

I am new to the board and new to the monsoon world. I have replace my stock HU with an aftermarket and am wanting to add another amp specifically for the 2-12" kickers and box that I am going to be building a custom box for.

Question: is this a possible upgrade to keeping all the monsoon equipment the same and just wiring straight from the HU to the new amp or am I going to have to eliminate the monsoon amp and run speaker wire directly from the speakers to the headunit by passing the old amp and running the rest of the speakers off the HU while adding the new amp for the subs???

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

You should be able to keep everything the same having the new HU will give you the RCA ports to send "sound" to your new amp, u will also be running a remote wire(Blue wire) from the HU to the amp to tell it to turn on and off and all your power and ground will be separate from the monsoon equipment.

white
    1998 Trans Am

you might as well replace the stock speakers too.. the bass may drown out the sound as they are not really high quality. i just replaced my door and sail panel speakers with memphis car audio... running them off of my new pioneer head unit.. its plenty loud and i wont need to run an amp to them.. i also plan on putting 2 kicker 12s with a custom built box in mine. with slots to hold my t tops of coarse... im telling you, you will not be dissapointed replacing the stock speakers.. HUGE difference in sound quality

red

Put the same exact setup in....but did away with the speakers in the hatch panels......they sound great!!! Just wanting to add a little bass now.....I appreciate the help!!! Thank ya'll!!!

white
    1998 Trans Am

Yeah I done away with those too. Put the PR series in back and M series in the doors. Awesome sound. What amp are you going with on your subs?

Thread Information