LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Added Infinity 62.7i's to sailpanel!

I ordered another set of Infinty 62.7i's for the sailpanels after the great results with the front door replacement. I'm really happy with the way they sound and they fit perfect. There is a 1 inch notch in the bottom of the speaker hole that the stock speaker wire runs through and the stock sub has a piece of carboard on it to semi seal the area. All I did was cut a small piece of sound deadener and covered it, otherwise the speaker fits and sounds great. I connected the tweeters to the wires that go to the far rear 4inch speakers and just took the 4 inch ones out. There is also a approx 5x8 inch hole cut in the sailpanel speaker hole area, I covered it with sound deadening to make the overall space behind the speaker smaller. I'm running a Kenwood HU and I can turn the volume up to a little past 3/4 volume now before you can start to hear distortion. With the stock subs I really couldn't hear them very well at full volume. 3/4 volume is really loud, so there wouldn't be any need for me to go past that point anyway. Bass is better too, but I am not using them for anything but mid range and have the HU set to only let 80hz up to the sailpanels and 100hz up to the front speakers and my subs playing 80hz and below. I still need to play with the filters and get them right, but sounds like a different system now.

Black
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

I connected the tweeters to the wires that go to the far rear 4inch speakers and just took the 4 inch ones out.
    do you remember which wire going to the rear 4 inch speakers goes onto the tweeter part on the Infinity 62.7i?

2002 Z28

There is only 1 set of wires going to the far rear 4inch speakers, so that is the one you use. Since the tweeters are already crossed over on the 62.7i nothing else is needed.

NBM
    '98 Z28

Rot,

I bought the 62.7i for the doors and sail panels. No subs for now. Deleted the hatch speakers too. Running everything through the Monsoon amp and Pioneer 4800MP HU. Installed per your directions. I just wanted to THANK YOU!!! Your advice and direction were spot-on and greatly appreciated. The highs were hurting my ears a little, but I think I may have it adjusted now. Again, thanks much. Jim

2002 Z28

cool, if you fade the speakers to the front more, turn the tweeter to the lowest setting on the adjustable db part and face the highs in the rear seat straight toward each other it sounds much better. Also, people tend to turn up the highs in car stereos and now you can can turn them down. If you later end up adding a subwoofer, it will really improve the sound.
    Last edited by rotwiler; 12-04-2006 at 04:26 PM.

Thread Information