blue
    99 SS RAGTOP M6

Arrow 99 SS Vert Rear Sail Panel Speakers

I recently installed the Infinity 62.7i speakers in my DOORS to replace the blown Monsoon speakers, and I am quite pleased with the results.

I would like to replace the rear monsoon sail panel speakers and removed one side to have a look. The speaker is about a ½'' shallower than the front speaker, as this is needed to clear the folding top mechanism. The speaker is also slightly larger in diameter by about a ½'' inch. Additionally, the speaker seems to have some sort of a crossover set-up (lots of wires) similar to the front speakers. Can anybody recommend a bolt-in replacement speaker for the rear sail panels on my vert? Brand, model number, price, and distributor would be most helpful.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Wish I could help, but I have no clue on the vert setup. Did the front door speakers have a dual input or single input speaker. I always thought the convertibles were single. I have the 62.7i's in the sailpanel too, but if your not running a seperate subwoofer I would get something more bass...problem is clearance..so would be tough to get a speaker with good bass and still clear... the 62.7i's are the same depth as the stock speakers in the front doors of my Z28, if they were the same in your vert then you could measure them compared to the stock ones...The sailpanel in my z28 was perfect for the 62.7i's, just at the bottom where the speaker wires go in I had to plug off the hole with some sound deadening. Hopefully someone with a vert can chime in.

blue
    99 SS RAGTOP M6

The front speakers have the dual input and installing the Infinity 62.7i speakers was pretty easy. I tried to install the 62.7i speaker in the sail panels but it would be difficult. The easiest way would probably be to have a ½'' spacer between the speaker and the mounting panel which would move the speaker away from the folding top mechanism, but then it might be too tall to clear the underside of the plastic sail panel. And I still do not know if a 62.7i speaker is compatable with the rest of the Monsoon system in this location. The original sail panel speakers appear to have 2 inputs with a rather goofy looking crossover. The system is a totally stock Monsoon system. I sure would like to find a quality, bolt-in speaker for this location.

blue
    99 SS RAGTOP M6

99 SS Convertible rear sail panel monsoon speakers

I took off the sail panels to measure the speakers and get the factory numbers. The factory numbers on the speakers: 16257961 and 40265d. The speakers measure 1¼'' from mounting surface to the back of the magnet and have a 6'' bolt mounting circle. There seems to be about ½'' of room to the underside of the sail panel from the face of the speaker where an aftermarket speaker could be mounted and extended away from the folding top mechanism with some sort of extender. My question now is if the Infinity 62.7i speaker is compatable with the system in the rear location. There are 4 wires going into each sail panel speaker. It is not obvious which set of wires go to the tweet and the bass areas like on the front speakers. Any thoughts or info is appreciated.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Bump

I am interested too

blue
    99 SS RAGTOP M6

Arrow Sail Panel speakers for 99 SS Vert

Been doing some research but still haven't found anything that will work as a stock replacement in the rear area. Sure like the Infinity speakers that I put in the doors.

One good thing that came out of all of this is that I have permanently removed the back seat and related seatbelt gear. Since I never use the rear seats, I now have a larger storage area and an overall cleaner appearance. Should have done it a long time ago!!

Thread Information