blk
    2002 z28 Chevrolet Camaro

98-02 Camaro Double Din Metra*Bezel $60

Around christmas last year i bought a double DIN radio well knowing i would either need to buy a bezel or fabricate the original bezel.

I spent awhile looking to buy (because im not very patient with bondo) a bezel but found only ones for 150 and up pending if you ship your original bezel. So i tried doing it myself, it looks "ok" so i just left it at that.

A month ago i seen a metra double din for a 98 to 02 camaro for $60..took the month to get it but.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397078215616.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	25746

I figured i would post about on here to make sure people know its out there. If the Metra*99-3311B is common knowledge I apologize.
    2002 z28 35th Anniversary Camaro
    SLP cold air intake Loudmouth 2 catback, Y pipe, Diablosport Tuning
    SM ZR Replica 17" wheels.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

It is not common knowledge as far as I know! I've only ever seen the others selling for $150 or more, custom with the core sent in as well. Thanks for posting this. This gives me more incentive to get a new head unit

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I swear I paid like 75 on ebay for mine. And got 15 when I sold the single. SO, cost me about 60. Thanks for the info, though. Others can def use it. Kahana, you have to do a double din. I put the DVD player in mine. It is a really nice unit. YOu can get nav, too. Mine has bluetooth. No more worrying about missing a call when I am jamming. Or, trying to shift and talk.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yeah, it's time to do mine. I have the cassette deck The 1.5 DIN was a stupid idea in the first place. I've only found like two aftermarket head units that would fit and they both had horrible reviews.

I went and looked at the site and it seems that they only sell to distributors. So, I'll have to do some looking around to find one online. The site says it's $69. That is still half what those other guys are asking and it looks cleaner too.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

One of the cool things about mine too, is that I can put all my music on a thumbdrive. The amount of music is only limited by the size of the thumbdrive. 4 gig, up to 64 gig? The hardest part was making the steering wheel controls work. I figured it out, though. I got the AXXESS universal unit. I think the head unit I got was a AVH 2500BT. It's a Pioneer. They have another upgraded unit that has nav and a back up camera. The offer is open, if you want to drive to Phoenix and bring all the stuff, I will hook it up for you. I like to work on things I know...

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I like that ALOT! Great find and thanks for the info. Looks really good in there.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    One of the cool things about mine too, is that I can put all my music on a thumbdrive. The amount of music is only limited by the size of the thumbdrive. 4 gig, up to 64 gig? The hardest part was making the steering wheel controls work. I figured it out, though. I got the AXXESS universal unit. I think the head unit I got was a AVH 2500BT. It's a Pioneer. They have another upgraded unit that has nav and a back up camera. The offer is open, if you want to drive to Phoenix and bring all the stuff, I will hook it up for you. I like to work on things I know...
    Oh yeah... I almost forgot about the steering wheel controls. I installed a new double din head unit in my husband’s truck last year for his birthday. No steering wheel controls in his truck. Guess I'll have to take a look into that and familiarize myself. That is what I like about Crutchfeild though, they set you up with the correct harnesses, chime controller and pretty decent instructions.

The nice thing about our cars is that the bezel is small and quick to get off. Not like the truck where you have to practically take off the whole dash front. Do we need to install a chime box back there in our cars and if so, how much room was there for it? Thanks for the offer to help, Keith I also kind of like doing this kind of stuff myself. Although, how much experience do you have with seat covers? I've got to change out my driver’s seat foam and I've never done that before

I'll start shopping around and see what's out there. I don't need a DVD player though. Just a couple of usb ports and Bluetooth should do me well for the most part. First I have to get hold of one of these DD bezels

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I actually have some experience with our seats. I had to remove the seat covers on BOTH seats that I bought and install them on my old frames(after removing the old seat covers as well). I can def do it. As far as the chime box, I am not sure what you mean by chime box, but the AXXESS unit has a small box. There is not a lot of room back there. I soldered all my connections, so I could stuff with impunity. I had to cut out some of the tray for the factory stereo, again, no big deal. I installed a parking brake bypass swith so I can watch DVD while driving. Not that I do, that is for the passengers! But, I did install a rocker switch in the light circuit. That way, if the DVD player is too dark at night, I can flip the switch and presto, it is as bright as it is gonna get.

Here are my mods so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

For the door chimes. I forget what it's called. It's more wires and a chime box that has to be shoved and mounted back there. I'd never heard of it before that install. I suppose you can bypass it. It's just not recommended to do so.

I just used crimp clamps. Fast and easy. Solid connections too.

Sounds like you have a nice little set up. I'm old. I just want music

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

That chime box has never been a consideration. Mine works just fine. I had to think about it. But, I know if I leave the lights on, it works. Yeah, I have a bit of work in the stereo. Taking out the ENTIRE interior and installing Dyanmat to the ENTIRE car was about 4 days work(evenings). I ripped out every piece of wiring for the stereo system and every component. It is all worth it, though. I can listen to music however you want to listen to it. I think that the Boston song, More than a feeling is probably the most eye opening example of what it can do. The highs are crystal clear, and there is a bass line in there that 90% of people don't realize. I can also listen to rap that the bass lines can make a person sick. With 16 gigs of music on tap at all times, you never get bored. I like that I took one of the fellow members on here for a ride a couple of months ago. Now, mind you, I have LT's and a Loudmouth catback. His comment was that there was no way he thought that the stereo would be able to overpower the exhaust, but he was wrong. I am sure the Dynamat has something to do with that. I was against putting navigation in. What is wrong with cruising aimlessly lost for a while in a WS6? It does pull a pretty sweet u-turn/power slide after all..... Seriously, if you want some help with your seats, let me know. I enjoy working on things I know how to do.

Black
    2000 Z28

Thanks for the post on this. Was looking for some other stuff but so glad I stumbled on this as I was debating on fabricating my own.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Dang, need something like this for the Firebird. Was looking at the Metra site and found a great video that shows the Camaro part
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Thread Information