blue
    1995 formula

1995 stereo upgrade job

I have a 95 10 speaker set up (pre monsoon). It's time to upgrade the system! I'd like to start from scratch. I need a new head unit, speakers, one sub and an amp or two to run everything. Have any of you done it like that? Can you use a 4 channel amp to run all 10 speakers? I bought a JL 250/1 amp for a sub and bought Kee Audio's mid woofers for the sail panels so far. I want to get a totally heavy metal system going here. Any suggestions? Should I ditch the factory wiring since I'm using different amps etc...?

Pewter
    1999 Trans am

Get a descent head unit to run everything like an alpine I've had 4 different ones and they were all great. Are you planning on one sub or two? If one get a subthump box and the JL amp should push anything you put in it. I've got a JL 500/1 running one 10 now and it's plenty for me.

blue
    1995 formula

I'm going to power everything with new amplification. Looks like I'm going to be running 3 different amps unless I can figure out how to power 3 sets of speakers and the sub a different way.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I would get a 4 channel and amplify the fronts and sails with it. If you use components in the doors they should have a crossover. Run the hatch speakers off the headunit. If you are going to be ripping most of the interior and using an amp you might as well run new speaker wires.

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

What i would do is get a mid range 4 channel and run new speakers to the front and rears, then get a higher watt 4 channel and bridge 2 channels to a subwoofer and the 2 other channels to the sails. With a good head unit and components you can get some excellent sound

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

For your Sub, get a Class D (Mono) Amp. These will hit harder than the regular AB amps.

Thread Information