2006 GTO

2010 Camaro and how to make the suspension work

YET ANOTHER CAMARO YOU DO NOT WANT TO MESS WITH EITHER!

I have been very fortunate with the Pedderized Camaros for sure. This one is set up to feed on victims! It will be seen in the SF Peninsula, to San Rafael, to Infineon Raceway, and yes at Infineon Raceway. The SF Bay area is becoming a Pedders stronghold for killer Camaros.

She has been corner balanced, and aggressive alignment, and a lot of meat on the ground and major engine mods are on their way! The setup is between me and the owner. Check her out and be aware!

[CENTER]

Front Pedders Xa strut assembly installed

Pedders front steering gear bushing installed

Pedders front radius rod bushing and Caster eccentric adjuster

Removing the OE Differential Bushings using the Pedders tool

Rear Differential with our Pedders EP1167HD bushings for serious hp and torque!

Removing the front OE subframe bushing using Pedders tool. takes 2-3 minutes a bushing. EP1201HD, our most serious rear subframe bushings are installed!

The front subframe bushing removed with the Pedders Tool

Removing the large rear subframe bushing using our Pedders Tool. Takes 2-3 minutes per bushing

Rear subframe bushing removed using the Pedders Tool

Front EP1201HD bushing installed. This is a very serious bushing for very HD driving and torque

Rear inner toe link bushing with Pedders HD rear eccentric bushing

2006 GTO

Part II

B]Left rear suspension showing Pedders Xa Coil over, sway bar, adjustable HD end link, rear EP1201HD bushing[/B]

Rear suspension showing Pedders inner toe link bushing and custom HD eccentric, inner trailing arm bushing, and front EP1201HD subframe bushing.

Rear suspension showing the Pedders outer trailing arm and toe link bushings at the knuckle

[/CENTER]
    I hope you enjoy these pictures. I tried featuring different aspects of a Pedders Track II kit with each. If you have any questions, just ask.

thanks
    mike
    dms

2006 GTO

Camaro Set up with Drag Package

I had the pleasure today certifying yet another California dealer, an new Chevrolet dealer! John L Sullivan, in Roseville, Ca. is now officially Pedders Camaro Certified. They have our Camaro coil overs and our Camaro drop coils in stock! Bill is service advisor I dealt with, a great guy and very customer oriented. The tech is awesome. His name is Mike and is the only tech that will do Pedders.

The kit we put in is our Pedders Drag Xa Kit, a very serious kit. Here it is:

Item Code Description Qty
    160086.......................Camaro Ext Xa Adjust Coilover 1
    EP1167HD.................. Zeta HD Differential Mounts 1
    EP1201HD..................Camaro HD Rear Sub Frame Repl 1
    EP2112 ......................Zeta Steering Rack/Pinion Mnt 1
    EP6577.......................Camaro Front Radius Rod Bush 1
    EP7264.......................Zeta Rear Lower Control Arm In 1
    EP7322 ......................Camaro Rear Upper Control Arm 1
    EP7323 ......................Zeta Rear Trailing ArmToe Link 4
    PDUSACAMFULL ..........Camaro Full Alignment Kit 1

Here are some pictures:

BEFORE INSTALL. THIS CAMARO WAS EXCEPTIONALLY HIGHER THAN THE NORMAL SSII

AFTER PICTURES SET UP FOR 75% AGGRESSIVE STREET, AND 25% AGGRESSIVE DRAG

AFTER PICTURES SET UP FOR 75% AGGRESSIVE STREET, AND 25% AGGRESSIVE DRAG

HERE ARE THE PICTURES OF THE MAJOR COMPONENTS FOR THE DRAG XA

FRONT RADIUS ROD HD BUSHINGS THE OEs ARE FLUID FILLED AND OFFER SOME CONCERNS FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE

FRONT RADIUS ROD INSTALLED

FRONT CASTER ECCENTRIC INSTALLED. INCREASED OE CASTER BY 2.35 DEGREES

POWER STEERING RACK POLY BUSHING INSTALLED

PEDDERS EP1167HD REAR DIFF VERY HEAVY DUTY BUSHINGS INSTALLED IN THE CAR WITHOUT REMOVING THE DIFFERENTIAL

REAR UPPER CONTROL ARM BUSHING. CRITICAL FOR WHEEL HOP REDUCTION

THE REAR PEDDERS EP1201HD SERIOUSLY HD SUBFRAME BUSHING

FRONT PEDDERS EP1201HD SERIOUSLY HD SUBFRAME BUSHING

TRAILING ARM PEDDERS BUSHING IN KNUCKLE ASSEMBLY

TRAILING ARM LINK AND TOE LINK PEDDERS BUSHINGS INSTALLED

PEDDERS REAR LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHING INSTALLED

2006 GTO

REAR XA COIL OVERS AND REAR CAMBER ECCENTRICS INSTALLED. WE WERE ABLE TOT GET TO POSITIVE CAMBER WITH THIS CAMARO WITH A 1.5 INCH DROP!

FRONT XA COIL OVERS INSTALLED

The alignment was modified to assist the aggressive drag request. Vehicles was lowered front and rear but at strategic level.

Hope you enjoy it.!

thanks
    mike
    dms

2006 GTO

had the pleasure to spend a few days with Rick Hollenback, from Synergy Motorts in Fremont Ca, Rick is a seriously talented performance guy who is just about as anal as I am. Rick has been certified in all our Pedders platforms except Camaro. Guess what we did for 2 days!!

Rick and I set this one up significantly more aggressive than I normally do. Why? Check out the wheels!. Custom Forgelines with 305 RE11 Bridgestones on all 4 wheels, custom built to Pedders specs. They are the same configuration as the Pedders Camaro. I will let the owner post up the specs if he wants. But all I can say if you see this Camaro going thru the twisties, do not even try it unless you are a sadistic person who likes to get spanked!

thanks
    mike
    dms

2000 Camaro B4C

looking good, they look so agressive with the new set up.

its gotta handle like a dream!

2006 GTO

I specialize in suspension. So if I have a bias, I have a bias. I will put that up front to all. But I have been involved with upgrades for a very long time. I talk to 25 to 50 people every day and can receive as many as 50 to 150 email a day. A very common theme is the following:

"Mike, I need help!!!! I just spent a fortune on major engine mods, and am putting down an impressive 587hp at the rear wheels" But my problem is when I accelerate thru the corners, I cannot get anywheres. I just spin must spin and do not go anywhere....."

"Mike, i just added a Maggie, long tubes and headers with a custom tune, and am putting down impressive horsepower at the rear. My dissappointment is I have improved my 1/4 mile performance only slightly and in fact my 60 foot times are slower,,,,,,,,,,,,"

I have guys contacting me who are spending from $5k to $25K on engine hp enhancement and nothing on suspension and improving efficient transfer of torque and hp.

A properly prepared suspension system can give you the efficient transfer of more than 50 to 75hp increase. The potential cost of 50 to 75hp at the rear can cost $5,000 to $7500 in engine work. What I am trying to get everyone to think about, is a method to actively increase engine hp and make that hp transmission more efficient

To make the transmission of hp more efficient, involves upgrading suspension. You first need to understand where all the looseness or losses that you can find.

The 2010 Camaro is a hit with over 100,000 of them in production already. So without a doubt the new Camaro is a serious success. It is designed on what is called the ZETA II chasis. the design is seriously great. But to attract the masses, chassis performance components are reduced, to soften and quiet up the ride. this process make a great quality boulevard ride, but for those enthusiast that want to take the Camaro to the max, will find an excessive amount of body role, a huge amount of understeer, and an unimpressive .9g's on a 200ft skid pad.

Pedders has done a rather extensive amount of R&D on the Camaro. This is what we have found:

1. Too much suspension travel and the Camaro is sitting too high
    2. OE coils are too soft
    3. Too much movement in the front radius rod
    4. Caster is not adjustable and can tolerate a 1 to 1.25 increase with great benifit
    5. The sway bars can be seriously enhanced by adding strength and a bias to the rear
    6. Damping levels matched to the coils can seriously enhance handling
    7. The rear subframe bushings can allow 1/2 inch movement and "stepout" of the rear subframe due to excess movement
    8. The trailing and toe link bushings are too soft and allow a huge amount of movement
    9. The upper rear control arm bushing can allow 1/2 inch plus fore/aft movement of the upper control arm/knuckle
    10. The upper rear joint nut does not fit well and can allow the upper front pivot joint to move excessively
    11. the rear differential moves too much, causing a major loss in the transfer of powertrain torque
    12. The lower control arm bushings can be enhanced by upgrading its dura and control
    13. The OE rear camber and toe eccentrics lack the travel to maximize on settings to maximize on custom alignments to reduce understeer.
    14. Rear ride height is too high and thru telemetry testing, we found the Camaro will handle better with the rear camber at 50% of the front and the back end 1/2 inch lower than the front.

Pedders has solutions for all of these concerns. Out Pedders Camaro can turn a 1.38g's thru the twistiess with street tires

Hope this helps,

thanks
    mike
    dms

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

Nice pics you should consider becoming a sponsor here.

2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Dabom75 View Post
    Nice pics you should consider becoming a sponsor here.
    I am testing the waters to see what responses I am getting

mike
    dms

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by dms motorsports View Post
    I am testing the waters to see what responses I am getting

mike
    dms
    Pedders suspension is already a sponsor here.

Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Car looks much nicer stance,,,love the red lowered stance,,loook real sharp...

BUT-To bad they did not make this 2010 camaro with a LS9 package or at least offer a 500 HP LS motor in it,,then it would have been a real kicker,,,and been worth buying a new car-else they did get the look down somewhat,,,

Thread Information