Thread: Wtf!!!

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar

Wtf!!!

why the fuck does my radio lower itself whent he music is loud....whenever i turn the volume of some good skynyrd, lets say above volume 50+ it will reach that point and then lower itself to bout 39-43...does this happen to anyone else???? cause i hate this fuckin control bullshit, i cant even fuckin rock out,lol
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

black, and black
    04 M6

volume

yes it does, go into teh options and chnagve it when you turn the key on and it says system check complete, push the up or down arrow and then go through the user options with the mode button

Awaiting Activation 5.7literMustangEater's Avatar

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Thumbs up Read Your Owners Manual!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    why the fuck does my radio lower itself whent he music is loud....whenever i turn the volume of some good skynyrd, lets say above volume 50+ it will reach that point and then lower itself to bout 39-43...does this happen to anyone else???? cause i hate this fuckin control bullshit, i cant even fuckin rock out,lol
    It does that because the Blaupunkt stereo system has a distortion limiter. When a hard bass beat or loud aggressive sounds come through the stereo the controls make sure the sound is not distorted (this also prevents blown speakers). You can turn this off. I think it is called DSV. You must turn the head deck off and then hit the 1 button and the ON button at the same time. This will bring up the options menu. Press the volume button to scroll through the options and then turn knob left or right to select the setting you want. All of this is described in detail in your owners manual. I had the same problem and I couldn't stand it. The best parts of songs were being lowered and I could bareley hear it above the ROAR of the engine. I sat down and read my owners manual and found all the information I needed to fix the problem. Now I can rock out without any problems!!!!

White
    2002 VY SS

As said, it is in your options as Dynamic Distortion Limiting (DDL). There is also Speed Dependant Volume (SDV). Should be in your Audio booklet. I have both mine turned off...

BLACK
    chevy caprice 2001

when the radio is off..press n hold..ON button + button 4..this will trun off ddl sys..but u have to repeat this everytime u turn off the radio

Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

Cool

Yeah mine will just shut off for no reason.I was driving one night with AC/DC cranked up and then it just died no response from my radio at all.I tried turning it back on seveal times no response then about 30 minutes later i tried agian it worked.It did it to me twice that night i must have drove around 350 miles non stop i figured it was protecting itself from getting to hot wierd random shit just like my horn going of sometimes when i turn my AC on just the nature of the beast.I took it to the dealer they then took my car out for a 30 mile joy ride trying to figure out the problem reason i know it was a joyride was beacause my avg. fuel milage was about 10 miles a gallon and before i took it in i checked and it was at 18 and on top of that was sorry sir we couldnt find anything wrong with youre car.I love my GTO and will take the good with the bad and as for as the dealership goes in my opinion most of the mechanics there not all but a majority of them are a bunch of punk ass bitches.Sorry just blowing of some steam it just frustrates me i love my GTO more than life itself well not really but damn near. But as long as my GTO keeps on driving and doesnt leave me stranded on the side of the road i will deal with the little things.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    lol, hahahaah i cant believe this is actually an option,lol...self controlled radios in a gto is def not cool, i can expect it in like a toyota echo,lol...but nonetheless thanks to all, seriously, i now can rock to the fullest volume, that was my biggest and only real problem with the car...oh and starchief....your a true goat loyalist!

black, and black
    04 M6

radio

i too finally fixed my radio now i can actually listen to music lol

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by starcheif View Post
    Yeah mine will just shut off for no reason.I was driving one night with AC/DC cranked up and then it just died no response from my radio at all.I tried turning it back on seveal times no response then about 30 minutes later i tried agian it worked.It did it to me twice that night i must have drove around 350 miles non stop i figured it was protecting itself from getting to hot wierd random shit just like my horn going of sometimes when i turn my AC on just the nature of the beast.I took it to the dealer they then took my car out for a 30 mile joy ride trying to figure out the problem reason i know it was a joyride was beacause my avg. fuel milage was about 10 miles a gallon and before i took it in i checked and it was at 18 and on top of that was sorry sir we couldnt find anything wrong with youre car.I love my GTO and will take the good with the bad and as for as the dealership goes in my opinion most of the mechanics there not all but a majority of them are a bunch of punk ass bitches.Sorry just blowing of some steam it just frustrates me i love my GTO more than life itself well not really but damn near. But as long as my GTO keeps on driving and doesnt leave me stranded on the side of the road i will deal with the little things.
    My radio does this too, I figured it's the amp over heating, wait a few min. and it comes back on.....
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

silver
    2004 gto

yeah mine does this too i turn the radio off and then wait a min and then turn the head unit back on and it works well atleast it seems to work with me when everit shuts off
    2004 GTO silver/red int.
    SLP Loudmouth I Exhaust
    Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Headers
    3" Mid pipes (no Cats)
    K&N CAI
    SLP Heavy Duty Sway Bar SLP Sway Bar Bushings
    GMM Ripshift
    125 shot of nitrous HSW
    nittos D/Rs 555R
    Hp Tune 13.03 @ 109 mph (without nitrous, GMM Ripshift, and Nittos)

Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

Smile

Thanks for the compliment black-lt1 goat loyalist for life.And thanks for the other imputs about why the radio mysteriously turns off from the other guys much appreciated.

silver
    2004 Pontiac GTO

My Radio

Yes, my radio does this also. Just turn it off for a minute. Then when it comes back on, lower it a tad bit.

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

yupp I was like WTF,haha
    I shut it off and its been rocking ever since

Thread Information