Thread: what you think?

blue white racing stripes
    2004 gto highly moded

what you think?

ive done some work to my 04 gto now i must get it to a dyno but in the mean time what kind of horse power do i expect to gain from all my hard work this is what ive done, put in a full race cam,1 7/8" long tube headers,3" catback with cutouts to make things loud, cold air intake,87mm tb,and a weiand intake, 9mm plug wires,msd coils, performance chip,and ngk plugs,in the days to come im thinking of either a nitrous stystem or a suppercharger add on,then ill tackal the rear end in the next month, lots of work to do this winter. thanks for any help on this.
    Last edited by bad04; 01-04-2007 at 08:00 AM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

2....2 hp. that's it. LOL

2004 gto highly moded

lots of help

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    2....2 hp. that's it. LOL
    i am asking a question and i get some smart ass coment like yours i dont need wise guys for a reply keep your comments to yourself!

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

I haven't seen much about how the LS1's react to cams. If you got a cam that didn't need springs or different ratio rockers(not too radical then), I would expect to see somewhere around 350 hp at the wheels. Long tubes really help torque, not as much the HP. Intakes and TB don't make much HP, they merely support higher HP levels, and without heads, I don't think the HP will be huge.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

What are the specs on the cam? Like said it would be very mild if no supporting mods needed such as springs, chromoly push rods etc. I would have to agree with said before, you would probably be looking at around 350rwhp with a tune unless the specs on that cam are decent.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by bad04 View Post
    ive done some work to my 04 gto now i must get it to a dyno but in the mean time what kind of horse power do i expect to gain from all my hard work this is what ive done, put in a full race cam,1 7/8" long tube headers,3" catback with cutouts to make things loud, cold air intake,87mm tb,and a weiand intake, 9mm plug wires,msd coils, performance chip,and ngk plugs,in the days to come im thinking of either a nitrous stystem or a suppercharger add on,then ill tackal the rear end in the next month, lots of work to do this winter. thanks for any help on this.
    I suck at the guess my RWHP game
    What are you building? Street Beast? Road Racer? Panty Dropper?
    Good tuner should pull around 380'ish out of that set up.
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrrcustom View Post
    I haven't seen much about how the LS1's react to cams. If you got a cam that didn't need springs or different ratio rockers(not too radical then), I would expect to see somewhere around 350 hp at the wheels. Long tubes really help torque, not as much the HP. Intakes and TB don't make much HP, they merely support higher HP levels, and without heads, I don't think the HP will be huge.
    If anything longtubes help high-end hp, not torque...especially 1 7/8 on a LS1...good mod though if heads and other upgrades are in the future....

Black
    2006 GTO M6

It is hard to guess what your RWHP would be. 375-390? I am curious how well your car is running with an aftermarket cam and no tune.

Yellow
    2004 Pontiac GTO

With cam, heads, and headers I made 394hp and 361tq....so with the mods you have i am saying 330-350...depending on what a "full race cam" means....
    oh yah and with cam and no tune the car runs like SHIT...i have a mild tune on mine and it still isnt totally right

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I would say it Mostly is going to depend on how radical the "full race" cam is......You defenetly lost ALL low end with that small of a cubic inch motor with those "big" tube 1 7/8" headers..... They will benefit you if you do add "BIG" nos... But if it is a drag cam for an all motor combo it will probably be ground on a 108-109 which the bottle WON'T like. For nos we use 112-114.
    It's way to hard to give you a # but I would expect 35-70hp gain........ Did any work get done to the fuel system????????
    Every 04 I've worked on had the fuel line kink in it from the factory. There was some old threads about that issue if you are not familiar.
    The car is a stick....? If not what convertor????????
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

2004 gto highly moded

ok hears the cam # 224/224/581 duration as best i can tell half the bow and papers got burned but thats another story LOL the computer has all beeb worked on and it sure dose rock you around at the lights cant wail till spring to realy open it up the cam and tune relly worked nice sounds owsome to thaks for the replys so fare

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

hmmm..... with that cam I would say 360-370ish with a tune.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by bad04 View Post
    ok hears the cam # 224/224/581 duration as best i can tell half the bow and papers got burned but thats another story LOL the computer has all beeb worked on and it sure dose rock you around at the lights cant wail till spring to realy open it up the cam and tune relly worked nice sounds owsome to thaks for the replys so fare
    Who's grind is it....? Just trying to figure out what it's ground on.....110,112,ect.

HEY DUDE, JUST IN CASE YOUR THINKING OF SUPER CHARGING I have recently decided on selling my forged 04 364 LS2 block because of being laid off. Bank already took my GOAT motor is turbo or supercharged ready crank has been keyed, has diamond forged coated pistons. Caley camp star Hbeam style rods with ARP bolts. Has the 28 tooth reluctor wheel. Is 9 to 1 CR with 64 cc heads. Rated up to 1000hp. Motor is still in bag at local reputiable machine shop. My total cost 5100.00 will let go for 4000.00. Also has ATI super dampener and TCI fly wheel. Call if interested 7248699643 ED

Thread Information