Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

what exhaust do i want?

Ok, I am tired of my quiet single side exit exhaust. I want to convert over to duel exit. I am getting pace setter headers soon, and since i want to go to duel exit exhaust, should i get the 05-06 midpipes for them? Then just have an exhaust shop weld me in some mufflers and have them run the pipes out the back? Thats probably the cheap method. The easier method would be to buy an 05-06 catback, but i dont wanna spend that kind of money on top of the $600 im spending on the headers and mids. Second question is, which mufflers should i weld in? I want to have some sound on the inside, and i want people to hear me coming on the outside, but nothing extremely annoying. Im hear spintech are good. Thanks guys

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by 04cosmos View Post
    Ok, I am tired of my quiet single side exit exhaust. I want to convert over to duel exit. I am getting pace setter headers soon, and since i want to go to duel exit exhaust, should i get the 05-06 midpipes for them? Then just have an exhaust shop weld me in some mufflers and have them run the pipes out the back? Thats probably the cheap method. The easier method would be to buy an 05-06 catback, but i dont wanna spend that kind of money on top of the $600 im spending on the headers and mids. Second question is, which mufflers should i weld in? I want to have some sound on the inside, and i want people to hear me coming on the outside, but nothing extremely annoying. Im hear spintech are good. Thanks guys
    Find you some Polished SS Magnaflow Mufflers. I cut the resonator and replaced with 3in and replaced my stock rear muffler with a Polished 3in Magnaflow. It sounds GREAT!!

I had SW LTs(No cats) with a Magnaflow catback on my gto. Sounded AWESOME!!!! It was suttle when cruising and mean when mashing the throttle.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

yeah im going catless with no resonators.. so its gonna be kinda loud already.. maybe ill just put some flowmasters on it. I love the rumble.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hell I just had the muffler guys custom bend some stainless. Cheaper than any aftermarket/top quality and talk about a fit....like a glove....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

For mufflers I just used some LoudMouthII and gutted the RT Cats.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Sarge, i want for it to exit out both sides. Also, they bent those pipes UNDER your axle? Thats wierd, you have no issues with that? I may consider the LMIIs. I hear they arent as loud and raspy as the LMIs.

hugger orange

Sarge, i want for it to exit out both sides. Also, they bent those pipes UNDER your axle? Thats wierd, you have no issues with that? I may consider the LMIIs. I hear they arent as loud and raspy as the LMIs.
    with the IRS, you can run tight under the axles on each side of it and have absolutly no clearance loss.....i ran 3" bullets " off the headers, then into 2, 3" flowmaster super 44's and basicly two 3" strait pieces all the way out the back. sounds great and the bullets keep the volume inside tolerable

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

No of course not. Fits fine.

QSM
    04 gto

just put lt's with cats and lm1 for an 05 06 with the 05 06 rear bumper
    i love it no where near as loud as people claim

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

i have some SS magnaflow mufflers for sale if you go that route

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I'd say just go for the Borla dual exit like mine but it isn't cheap.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I'm getting cats for my LTs. I can just imagine what mine will sound like. Hehe.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

98 Formula
    06 duramax

why not just stick with the same side exit? A lot less hassles and it's still true duals out that side. Spintech's sound awesome but are loud. There is some drone in the car with them once you dump the cats and get headers. At the end of the day though they sound pretty amazing. Running under the axle back there is actually pretty common. qwkgto has his under the axle with turbo's on there without any clearance issues.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Orion, I think you are the ONLY one here, other than myself, who likes the single exit on the 04.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Orion, I think you are the ONLY one here, other than myself, who likes the single exit on the 04.
    I don't mind the same side exit at all. I think it's a little more unique than the split backs. Everybody and their brother have split back duals.....the 04's are a little unique that way.

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac Gto

personally I think the spilt end exhaust looks meaner. When I had the single side version it was always in the back of my mind knowing deep down inside I really wanted the split end version. Its all peronsal choice though. The single side doesnt look bad.I bought a jba 05-06 catback and they also did the cut out.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

^^ nice job. Most of the 05-06 setups I have seen had the pass pipe hanging lower than the driver side stock. You have a nice setup.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

I just love duel exhaust. Everyone car i have owned so far has been duel exhaust. I own a 62 impala, 66 mustang, and a 2000 GT mustang all with duel exhaust and flowmasters...

Thread Information