Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

Weird Problem- Sarge or anyone HELP!!!

I have an 06 GTO M6. Since Day one I have had nothing but trouble out of it.
    1) Door was not lined up when I drove it off the lot.. at about 50MPH you could hear wind coming in. I tool it back immediately and they fixed it by realiining the door.
    2) Got it home the first night and noticed fluid leaked on my driveway.. it turned out to be that the crush washer on the left front brake caliper was too tight and caused it to leak. Dealer Replaced Crush washer and no more leaks.
    3) End bushings on the Front Sway Bar washed out and came loose- caused a knocking noise form under the car.. Dealer Fixed.. This happened within the first week too. I had to find that one for them.. they could not figure it out.

4)Now on to the Weird Problem. About a month and a half ago I started the car up at work in the AM .. it was cold (about 40 Degrees) and it started missing.. to the point the check engine light came on. I switched it off and waited a few minutes.. started it back up and it ran fine but the check engine light was still on. After a few minutes of Driving the check engine light went off...

No more problems until 2 weeks ago. Same problem this time the car would barely run and the check engine light was flashing. So i switched it off and waited.. this time I took it to the dealer while the light was still on. The code it was giving stated #2 Cyl misfire ignition coil circuit. They replaced the coil on the number 2 cylinder.. after that ran fine until saturday same problem again.. I called them up and they said to bring it in tommorow, but they were not sure what it could be..

Any ideas? Kind of a pain in the ass ahving to take it back again. I have looked at all of the plugs.. they look fine.. checked the plug wires.. they look fine too... checked the connections going form the harness to the coils they also look fine..

Could it be something in the computer or is there another module somewhere that controls the ignition on these things.

And to top it all off the dealer will not give me anything else to drive.. they say they can line up a rental car but I have to pay for it.. Is it time to show my ass? I have been nice to these guys and they have been nice to me and fixed each problem I have had.. but this one is beyond me

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Thanks
    Steve

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by newguy WS6 View Post
    I have an 06 GTO M6. Since Day one I have had nothing but trouble out of it.
    1) Door was not lined up when I drove it off the lot.. at about 50MPH you could hear wind coming in. I tool it back immediately and they fixed it by realiining the door.
    2) Got it home the first night and noticed fluid leaked on my driveway.. it turned out to be that the crush washer on the left front brake caliper was too tight and caused it to leak. Dealer Replaced Crush washer and no more leaks.
    3) End bushings on the Front Sway Bar washed out and came loose- caused a knocking noise form under the car.. Dealer Fixed.. This happened within the first week too. I had to find that one for them.. they could not figure it out.

4)Now on to the Weird Problem. About a month and a half ago I started the car up at work in the AM .. it was cold (about 40 Degrees) and it started missing.. to the point the check engine light came on. I switched it off and waited a few minutes.. started it back up and it ran fine but the check engine light was still on. After a few minutes of Driving the check engine light went off...

No more problems until 2 weeks ago. Same problem this time the car would barely run and the check engine light was flashing. So i switched it off and waited.. this time I took it to the dealer while the light was still on. The code it was giving stated #2 Cyl misfire ignition coil circuit. They replaced the coil on the number 2 cylinder.. after that ran fine until saturday same problem again.. I called them up and they said to bring it in tommorow, but they were not sure what it could be..

Any ideas? Kind of a pain in the ass ahving to take it back again. I have looked at all of the plugs.. they look fine.. checked the plug wires.. they look fine too... checked the connections going form the harness to the coils they also look fine..

Could it be something in the computer or is there another module somewhere that controls the ignition on these things.

And to top it all off the dealer will not give me anything else to drive.. they say they can line up a rental car but I have to pay for it.. Is it time to show my ass? I have been nice to these guys and they have been nice to me and fixed each problem I have had.. but this one is beyond me

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Thanks
    Steve
    i believe you can file a "lemon" car thing with GM and if they agree then you get a new one. My best friends grandpa did that with his 2006 monte carlo SS. i think someone from the customer service department comes and talks to you then to the dealer, and i mean you could give them the paper work from all the repairs and they will prob give you a new one
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

Black
    06' GTO

Im not really ready to pursue that yet.. since the probelms in my book have been minor so far.. this one is just pissin me off because I can t figure it out and seems like they cant either.. I think here in NC you have to report the same problem 4 times and it go unresolved before you can file the LEMON thing.. not sure.. I figured Id post it on her to see if anyone else has had the same problems

Thanks for the input though!

Steve

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

Holy shit, i havnt heard of an lsx based car having that kinda probs lol.

I dont know.....That car seems cursed lol, must have been produced the monday after payday weekend. Lol everyone was probally drunk putting it together.

That sux though man....I had a prob kinda like that....but it was that a sparkplug wire boot was working it way off....

I dont know what to say man.....let us know when u find out what the prob is

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You didnt put E85/E10 in it did you? Misfire should show its ass pretty quick.....fouled plug.....A/F screwed up in closed loop......bad MAF or IAT...coil not installed properly or wire shorted to the coil causing failure....

Black
    06' GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    You didnt put E85/E10 in it did you? Misfire should show its ass pretty quick.....fouled plug.....A/F screwed up in closed loop......bad MAF or IAT...coil not installed properly or wire shorted to the coil causing failure....

No I use just reg ol 93 octane. I looked at the plugs they looked fine but I guess that doesnt mean anything.. Im supposed to take it down there today. Ill ask them to start with the plugs and see what happens.

My MAF has been descreeend.. I know not too smart, but I ran the same setup on My WS6 with no problems.. The misfire is immediately noticeable at startup when it does do it. Its a intermittent problem.. One minute it runs fine.. then spit.. spit.. burp.. fart!

Ill see what they say and report

Thanks for the replys

Steve

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by newguy WS6 View Post
    No I use just reg ol 93 octane. I looked at the plugs they looked fine but I guess that doesnt mean anything.. Im supposed to take it down there today. Ill ask them to start with the plugs and see what happens.

My MAF has been descreeend.. I know not too smart, but I ran the same setup on My WS6 with no problems.. The misfire is immediately noticeable at startup when it does do it. Its a intermittent problem.. One minute it runs fine.. then spit.. spit.. burp.. fart!

Ill see what they say and report

Thanks for the replys

Steve
    I didnt think the new GTO's cam with screens on the maf.....I know the vettes dont have em

blue
    04 gto

i dont know if this will help but my 04 had a dead mis that showed up on colder days and i found that the metal plug in the wire from coil to spark plug wasnot expanded enough to lock on to the plug it would stay on but not lock in and the play was just enough to cause a mis. good luck

Black
    06' GTO

My dealer said the same thing today. They did not have another wire in stock so he moved it to the number 6 cylinder to see if the trouble follows it. If so we will replace wires and plugs..

All the code computer said was misfire no 2 cylinder again.. but it was not misfiring.. just stored the code.

We also sat down and looked thru the service bulitens: Possible causes
    MAP sensor
    Fuel Injector
    Fuel injector harness
    Plug
    Plug wire

I will keep everyone posted in case this happens to any of you

Thanks
    Steve

Black
    06' GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank View Post
    I didnt think the new GTO's cam with screens on the maf.....I know the vettes dont have em
    Mine "had" one I even aske d the guy today if he thought that was the problem.. he said doubtful.. usually they have a bug or something hit the sensors then tear them out etc and it would show a code for the MAF then..

The saga continues

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quite a few folks have problems with descreening the MAF's and it is not advised at all...causes all kinds of problems.....let us know what the dealer sez....I'm curious....

Yellow
    2005 GTO

Hey, I ran a 50/50 mix of E85 & gas and didn't even get a CEL. Until I went on up to %80. Never a miss. & the light went away just after I stopped running it hard. Was going lean.

Black
    06' GTO

Update

As of this morning.. not a damn miss or anything.. now i might get in it after while and be a different story.. But since my last post no problems. I have not touched anything

Weird...

Steve

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

Quite a few folks have problems with descreening the MAF's and it is not advised at all...causes all kinds of problems.....let us know what the dealer sez....I'm curious....

Really? lol mines descreened.....
    You think it is man? In 03 i think they took out the screens in vettes.

98' trans am

but the vettes are tuned for it. your maro isnt , so it can run the tables and such amucke

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Totally different setup.....I dont even have a MAF But I know folks who still run a MAF and descreened them and shit hit the fan....

Yellow
    2005 GTO

I took the screen out of my 2000 SS. Nothing bad.

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

what u think is bad about it man? Mines still descreened

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

well ive found stuff that was stuck in the screen of my maf, that somehow got past my airfilter, and they were good sized leaf bits or helicopters, i wouldnt want them getting into the engine

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    well ive found stuff that was stuck in the screen of my maf, that somehow got past my airfilter, and they were good sized leaf bits or helicopters, i wouldnt want them getting into the engine
    yea those helicopter leafs are a bitch.

Thread Information