Thread: Weapon-r Intake

Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

Weapon-r Intake

Come On Guys, Has Anyone Heard Of Or Using A Weapon-r Intake?

Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

Weapon-R is a big name in the impart scene. They make middle of the road products. Not bad, but not the best either. If you are looking for an intake that is not going to break the bank, it would not be a bad choise IMHO. It is not going to be any worse power wise then any other kit on the market.

Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

It cost 280 to about 350 on ebay. Gravana has it as the same price at the Volant and AEM.....

Black
    2005 GTO

If it is the same price as the Volant, Get the Volant, looks like a better product and isolates incoming air from under hood air better.

Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

I have the Volant, and the guy from Gravana said the CAI is better for the LS2 instead of the Boxed intake. I didn't tell him that I had a Volant, I told him I didn't know what I wanted, and he said that the AEM put out a little more HP, and I went to the Weapon-r website, which may be biased, but, it said it put out more HP.....hmmm....

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

I've done some research on cai for my gto and this is just my opinon but I would go with a Volant (has a very clean and stock looking install) and ditch the Volant filter for the AEM dry-flo filter, no oiling needed for it. And again just opinon but I would think that the AEM would get heat soaked being that it is made of metal? I dunno, just my 2 cents...

Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

the fact of the matter is that most of the CAI kits are going to do the same thing power wise. You are almost better off picking based on the looks of the intake. We are talking maybe a .5hp difference from one intake to another under most conditions. That is hardly enough to matter.

Black
    2005 GTO

IMO I like stuff to look clean and factory, i dont like the polished anything look on a modern muscle car. Polished stuff, again IMO, on a modern car just screams import.

Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

Okay okay...I bought it. JUNK. It's a 4 inch piece of aluminum about 3 iches in diameter, 2 brackets that make a shield and a filter. When I got it and opened it up. I was like WTF? Man this blows...Parts didn't fit, parts were missing, parts were wrong size. The CS guy wanted me to guess on how much a part needed to come off and send it to him so he could refab it. I said yeah right horse sh*t. Sent it back, and getting a AEM Brute Force.

Black
    2005 GTO

Ya see there?, It's brave souls like TysGTO, that serve as education tools for the rest of us.
    Seriously, he wanted you to send it back so he could cut it? Wow! That is not what anyone should expect for $250+. I hope they at least were somewhat sympathetic and help out with the shippings at least. good luck man.
    Last edited by Cliffy; 01-23-2007 at 04:45 AM.

Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

Well, I purchased it from a 3rd party. They told me that they are not at fault, and I agree with him he isn't. He's just a supplier. But, he did offer to send me a electronic UPS return shippment label, free of charge and he's sending the AEM Brute Force free of charge. He also, has agreed to give me full refund including shipping on the first item, because so many things were screwed up. Weird, I never got free shipping plus free return shipping, plus getting a refund on shipping. But, I guess that's what I get for being nice and not a dingle berry about the whole thing. But, on the heat soak situation. I may wrap it with this stuff I've seen on ebay...I looked space age..haha...but anyways...I don't want to twist this all around but, I've heard on other forums that this guy lost about 30 hp by putting on a CAI? I think it was a AEM....doh Has anyone heard of this? I'll find it and see if a could post a link to it.

Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

I don't want to twist this all around but, I've heard on other forums that this guy lost about 30 hp by putting on a CAI? I think it was a AEM....doh Has anyone heard of this? I'll find it and see if a could post a link to it.[/QUOTE]

Here guys here's the site.....tell me what you think...http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...em+brute+force

Thread Information