SOLD.New Ride:2011 MAXIMA Pimp'n the 2004's Avatar

Black on Black
    2004 GTO (M6)

Warranty Issues????

First off let me thank everyone who has replied to a couple of my threads....everyones input has been VERY helpful and given me some great ideas. After weighing what I want to do to my car, I'm questioning weather or not i should be touching anything until my warranty is up. Realistically this car is not my DD...and I'm thinking I should just go balls to the wall and do what I want to it. SOOOO my question is has anyone had major issues with a 2004 GTO (M6) or heard anything that I should be worried about, that is and was covered under warranty???? Another question is I'm thinking about putting a cat back and some sort of CAI in the immediate future, so will that just void the parts i replaced and the parts they effect or what??? Let me know. Thanks again in advance

black, and black
    04 M6

warrenty

all depends on how tight you are with your dealer mine will fix anything wrong with mine regardless of mods

WHITE

Cool Intake Mods

Id say your warranty will be safe with those mods, you should not have any dramas anyway. High flow CAIntakes reduce strain on the motor! As do tubes!

My ride Holden VX SS LS1 has extensive intake, exhaust and tune mods on the standard motor with 150000kms no dramas mate!

I guess it may depend on your dealer. (F#cK the warranty mate! go the mods)

Enjoy Mate

SOLD.New Ride:2011 MAXIMA Pimp'n the 2004's Avatar

Black on Black
    2004 GTO (M6)

Thanks....I've decided to say screw the warranty....and go balls to the wall with it...But I still would appreciate anyones input on this...if they have had any major issues with thier goat that I should be worried about. Thanks

Awaiting Activation 5.7literMustangEater's Avatar

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp'n the 2004 View Post
    Thanks....I've decided to say screw the warranty....and go balls to the wall with it...But I still would appreciate anyones input on this...if they have had any major issues with thier goat that I should be worried about. Thanks
    I had a lot of issues with the ABS on my GOAT. The damn light kept coming on and I took it to the dealer for warranty work and it took them 7 times before the problem was completely resolved. The dealer replaced all the speed sensors, ABS control unit, and a busted hub bearing before the master mechanic decided he would look at my GTO and discovered the problem. Turned out a wiring harness was shorting the ABS system. I'm glad I had not done any major mods to the car because the dealer would've probably told me that the mods caused the problem and the warranty wouldn't cover the cost to repair. Everything is all good now and my warranty has expired, so let the heavy modding begin.

black, and black
    04 M6

warrenty

luckly i know my dealer real well one of my best friends, he said he woudl warrnety anything no matter what i did, even n2o unless i blow the intake off lol

Awaiting Activation 5.7literMustangEater's Avatar

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

I wish I knew my dealer like that. I know a service manager, but he can't do that unfortunately, but now that mine is expired I don't care anymore. Have fun modding the shit outta the baddest car on the raod!!!!!! I Love My GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom Black
    04 GTO

my thoughts were the same as yours , and right about now I'm ready to tear the whole electrial system out and replace it w/06 stuff I have had too many problems w/04 s$$* speedo,tach.temp,lighting,traction & cruse control,errors also radio about gave Mom a heart attach sitting at a light it went full blast and about blew windows out! and yet I love my goat!! Go for it !! my problems started at about 15k they would pop up like little gremlins and then go away dealer's coments can not duplacate , I don't know how many times I have pulled over to ck under the hood to make sure it wasn't over heating .

Thread Information