Thread: Warranty

Phantomblack Metallic
    2005 GTO

Warranty

Since when does a CAI void warranty? I just got my GTO back from the dealer and this is what they told me. What is the deal with that!!! It was in for engine noise and now they won't do anything about it.

Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

Yeah thats pretty F*** weak just lazy ass dealership. I know its a pain in the ass mayby try putting the stock one back on and retuning back if they turn you away try another dealership hopefully you wont be marked in there system as iam not sure how they do that if at all.

black, and black
    04 M6

warrenty

i believe u need to talk to the owner of the lot, is this where u bought the gto? if so they should work with you, i guess its a good thing the owners son sales manager is one of my good friends and i work there on the side, they will warrenty anything i do, even n20 as long as it doesnt blow the intake apart, if that doesnt work put it back stock and take it to another dealer
    is it lower engine noise or valve train noise?

SOLD.New Ride:2011 MAXIMA Pimp'n the 2004's Avatar

Black on Black
    2004 GTO (M6)

I'm not sure if this is true, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there is a law that says they have to prove the mod is causing or caused the problem before they can refuse you on warranty work. Has anyone else heard that....If so please provide a link as this is info I would like to have readily available if I need warranty work.

Phantomblack Metallic
    2005 GTO

Warranty

It was a vibration/moaning noise at 2500 RPM. I installed JBA cat back and about three weeks after that the noise started. It didn't sound serious, it was more annoying when driving. I had a set of Stainless works LT to put on and wanted to make sure everything was ok berfore i spent the time do do the other warranty voiding mods. Anyhow i put the headers on yesterday and the noise went away. I really didn't believe it would be the exhaust but it was. I am putting the Diablo SLP predator in today can't wait. I will have pics at a later day.. Thanks for all the input i am pretty new to the forum..

Quick Silver
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp'n the 2004 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is true, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there is a law that says they have to prove the mod is causing or caused the problem before they can refuse you on warranty work. Has anyone else heard that....If so please provide a link as this is info I would like to have readily available if I need warranty work.
    Yes I have heard this and yes it is true by law. And that is total BS that they turned you away. I'd do bussiness at another place. At my dealer I stop in say hi show him what I've got new. so far cai headers 04 to 05 exhaust conversion and soon a cam. No problems at all.

Thread Information